Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How much did you spend today?

I must say I am so pleased....I stayed in today.. Made food...laundry just chilled..a friend came over and had some of my thai pumpkin curry..my roommate sat down with me for an early dinner... My friend and I walked her dog in a park near her house.. compared to yesterday (where I drove all over the place...and spent money on coffees...lunch, admission to the aquarium... It was a great change.. Well it feels great to get to the end of the day and realize I didn't open my wallet.... I wonder how often I can pull this trick...I like the idea of trying to have a buy nothing day at least once a week maybe more..it was also a didn't use my car day...

2. # ADS

Today I rode my bike to the public library, planted some bulbs, did homework, heated up leftovers and knit while watching the Amazing Race and Football. No purchases, no car, and one half of one christmas present done :)

No car, but I did spend $15 or so at the grocery store.

Aside from a run to the grocery store and a new set of knitting needles, it was a totally free weekend for me. I love it when there is fun to be had that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

lemme think...

2 dozen bodega roses: $10
    bottle of wine : $14

not great, but after you factor in the manhattan "$20 for walking out your door" tax, i only spent $4.

the roses usually last about a week and made full bouquets for our living room and bedroom, and the bottle of wine sufficed for four when we had friends over for dinner, so i'm okay with my cash-droppin'. it's leftovers and sewing tonight, though.

oh, i like this thread. i'll be back at the end of the day for a check in. i just bought an album on itunes (oops) so there's $10, but I love the idea of consciously having "closed wallet" days when possible.

$150

yesterday erf...
    I went to lunch with a friend to celebrate his birthday, he drove, but I paid for lunch I did manage to get $10 off (original total $27) because Microsoft Employees get a special discount card for tons of businesses. So it was $24 with tip.
    Then I bought a new pair of running shoes for $120 (originally $140 but another MS discount was applied and I got a pedometer out of the deal as well).
    Laundry at $3 a load x 2 loads.
    Today I will have to pay for lunch (about $5) because 5AM is way too early to think about food, but I think that should be all for today.

~Q

Today? Nothing. I stayed in today (it's Yom Kippur and we didn't have classes today). I taught myself how to crochet Irish Roses (I'm going to be making extra money this fall making flowers for hats), finished a scarf project (I'm doing my holiday presents early) had lunch (leftovers), watched a rented-from-the-library DVD of the original 'The Mummy', dyed the rose I made with Kool-Aid and tied it to the fan to dry, washed a sink full of dishes, checked out a website for work so I could get a free anthropology book, and made an important phone call. I still have to do my taxes and grade some papers. I have a feeling the grading will come first, while I have some soup (leftovers).

I spent too much money this weekend, but it was a good thing. I made French onion soup from scratch, including part of the chicken broth (which used up the neck, innards and feet of the chicken I bought for roasting). I roasted my chicken, made tomato sauce as well as a braised lamb shank (both of the latter recipes should be in the November edition of Croq Zine), and did some house cleaning. I also did some crochet, bought some cheap kung fu DVDs and some even cheaper CDs, and made money from tutoring. I have a whole bunch of checks I have to put in the bank tomorrow- I keep forgetting. Tomorrw should be a low to no money day- I have a lunch already made (leftovers) and I'm going to the dentist in the morning to get a tooth removed before going into work and then tutoring in the afternoon. The only money laid out will be for the subway.

Today i spent about $6 on a latte and a burrito at Peaberry's. This is a standard day for me, I need a lunch and a coffee and I'm too lazy to plan ahead. Bad.

On weekends when I have time to cook and am not at work, I love planning for closed-wallet days. I find I enjoy my time a lot more when I'm savoring my food, going for walks, and reading, rather than when I'm rushing around spending money.

i haven't spent a penny on anything since.....

FRIDAY

and it is monday, ladies.

however, i have been driving a lot lately, so i will have to fuel up very soon - probably by wednesday. still, considering i don't know about my job future, i am doing pretty well, huh?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads