Questions about E-Bay

So, i got fired a few weeks ago. I have been working 2 part time jobs and will be collecting unemployment, but haven't received any checks yet. i have sold some cds, some jewelry and have a big ole box of stuff to auction off on e-bay.

i registered on e-bay last week, and it took some time to set up the pay pal account. Now, when I go to sign in, it keeps saying that I have the wrong User ID and Password. So, I fill in my email address and they tell me that ebay will send me the information - but I haven't received it in the past 48 hours, and there is no number to call, all i can do is email. Any suggestions? I tried to re-register, but they already have my information on file.

HELP!!!

2. # ADS

are you having trouble with pay-pal or e-bay?
    If you have email with a junk filter - did you check your junk folder?

I have never called either myself, but supposedly these numbers should work:
    e-Bay, Inc.
    408-376-7400
    Toll Free: 800-322-9266
    And another one: 888-749-3229

PayPal
    1-888-221-1161
    or 402-935-2050

ps... when you sell things on e-bay note that a lot of folks will be apprehensive about purchasing from a new buyer.

thanks for the digits - i could not find any telephone number anywhere. i will give a call tomorrow.

good luck!
    I make no promises that they work 'cause I have never tried. Let me know how it goes!

one more thing...
    I found some of this information using Get Human; it is a great site for hard to find corporate numbers and how to get through to a person... according to the site it says that you need to keep hitting 0 ignoring the messages in order to get through to a person.
    This is definately a site to add to your favorites.

In the event that you have to "say" your answer trying swearing clearly - that tends to get me directly to a real person.

sorry if I sound spammy.

i do that with AT&T! if you hit 0 a lot and swear, they tend to get you to an operator instead of having to do some stupid runaround.

so i called last night, was on hold for about 15 minutes, finally spoke with this total nightmare of a lady, who did not help me at all - as a matter of fact, i hung up on her.

i went online and i did live help, where you chat with a customer service rep. he was a big help, but i have not received the email he told me he was sending me, and i have not been able to access my account. I am going to do the online chat thing again and see what happened.

this is a big pain!! thanks for all your help

:)

Quote Originally Posted by stella
    i do that with AT&T! if you hit 0 a lot and swear, they tend to get you to an operator instead of having to do some stupid runaround.
    Stella - you rock.

so then i couldn't get into my account because i didn't have the password, and they wold not provide me with one. so what did i do?

i set up a brand new e-mail account with hotmail to use exclusively for the E-Bay items that I will be selling. I was able to re-register with all of my current information, and there were no problems.

It was a big pain in the tush, but now i am ready to start listing my stuff....once anna brings me her digital camera.....yes, i am retarded and i do not have a digital camera --- yet.

Remove Ads

Ads