debt management, the crafty way

Hi ladies,

I post little and have never started a new thread, and I apologize for taking the leap with such a self-centered and incredibly dry topic. However, I've been thinking a lot lately about my serious credit card debt and what to do about it. I remember on old GetCrafty there was a very inspirational article about getting out of debt--written, I think, by Jean--and it included a link to a reputable debt-consolidation service. Does anyone know the company I'm talking about, or have you used one that you'd recommend?

In addition, please use this post to share fears about your own debt, inspiring stories of victory over debt, or your plans to buckle down and get yourself back into Non-Ten-Digit-Figure-Hanging-over-Your-Head Land.

I'm sick of worrying about this, and I really want to lick it this time. HELP!!!

2. # ADS

http://web.archive.org/web/200306181...rift/index.htm

This is the getcrafty pages with money articles.

This is probably the link you wanted.
    National Foundation for Credit Counseling

http://www.nfcc.org/

Oh, thank you! I very lazily attempted to find the old article but couldn't figure it out. And that is the link I was thinking of. The sad thing (and the reason I never called the Credit Counseling people in my area before) is that I'm scared about being forbidden to use my credit cards. I read that you get kicked out of the program if you use your credit cards at all, and what if, say, I suddenly have a chance to go to Europe or I "need" to do some other wonderful life-changing thing that costs lots of money? I mean, it's going to take me years to pay this balance off, so that's years of no credit cards and spending every available cent making payments to the debt-consolidation people. The thought makes me panic. I feel like an addict! I really don't even use my cards that much anymore, it's just the thought of NOT being able to use them really sends me into a tizzy!

Oh, wait, it says the article has not been archived (sorry, I'm not very good at figuring this kind of stuff out if it doesn't work right away--I must cry for help). But the NFCC info is still useful--thanks!

Hey- I am with Credit Guard of America. So far it seems to be working well, but I have only been with them 2 months. I will share more personal info if you want some of my good/ bad experiences.
    However, my nearly $10,000 worth of debt will be paid off in 4 years and 3 months. Which is fantabulous!
    It's true though- you cannot use your credit cards. The cards you sign up with for the program (the debt you want to consolidate) are actually closed. You are allowed to have 1 store card (yea Limited!) and one bank card (which i do not know what that means) and that is it. You get kicked out if you open another card.

Remove Ads

Ads