Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    i loved Sweeney Todd too! i don't know anything about Sondheim and am not generally into musicals, but i love Tim Burton. i wouldn't describe it as subtle on any level, but it was a great movie and visually incredible.

i finally saw Superbad, and i really liked it. i though it was hilarious, and the end was sweet. of course, this is from someone who has seen Anchorman 30 times...

2. # ADS

i absolutely loved sweeny todd, despite me not liking dark/bloody movies. the music and cinemetography was awesome

saw no country for old men recently, speaking of dark and bloody things, and thought it was fantastic. i go back and forth with coen brothers movies...the big lebowski and blood simple are two of the best movies i've ever seen, for instance, but i ha-a-ated fargo. this one was another fave, though - clever and really unsettling. i'll be shocked if it isn't all over the place at the oscars this year.

have any of you seen it? did you realize llewelyn's wife was the scottish actress who played diane in trainspotting? she so thoroughly disappeared into her character that i didn't even realize who she was!

No Country for Old Men just left the cinema by my house... i think we'll be waiting until that comes our on DVD. i've heard it was terrific, though.

there are so many movies on my list to see right now! i haven't gotten around to sweeney todd or no country for old men but want to see them both.

one that i highly recommend is persepolis. it was really beautifully done. control, a film about ian curtis and joy division, was also pretty good (but, of course, depressing).

the diving bell & the butterfly - please please please go see this! so beautiful and sad, and also hopeful.

on deck:
    sweeney todd
    no country for old men
    persepolis
    juno
    there will be blood

and coming up in 2008:
    be kind rewind
    my blueberry nights

oof - I am so behind. There are so many movies I want to see (Sweeney Todd and Juno are at the top of the list)

I did rent Once this weekend though. If you haven't seen it yet it is so so great. The music, the story, I'm totally in love.

Saw The Orphanage this week at a 'preview' type thing. Oh my was it amazing. I encourage everyone to see it! Very elegant and beautifully brutal story.

Golden Compaass. Loved it. Total fantasy with the talking animals. Can't wait for the next two in the series.

Juno was very cute and the music was great.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads