Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm so excited to see The Prestige that my husband and I accidentally saw The Illusionist instead a couple of weeks ago! (BTW, The Illusionist would probably be worth the rental. But I love me some Edward Norton and also love the movie's time period, fin-de-siecle Vienna.)

Since my husband is off on Mondays, we usually do afternoon matinees instead of the big weekend or evening shows, which generally cuts down on the jerkiness of the patrons. I even allow for and indulge in popcorn, but I'll never forget sitting through a film where a dude across the aisle was eating nachos.

<CRUNCH>

2. # ADS

I saw Marie Antoinette last weekend. The Special Boy and I both really enjoyed it.

There are theaters around here that will do a $4 movie night with $1 popcorn on Tuesday. Unfortunately, Tuesday nights I have class until 9:45.
    The theaters that are owned privately (in suburbs) will show movies that are pretty "old" (like a theater is showing Talladega Nights and Covenant).
    I will probably end up shelling out $8 to go see the Grudge 2, Jackass 2, and the Prestige. I really want to see the Illusionist, but the closest theater that's playing it is 45 minutes away. Booo.

I'm really excited to see Stephen Frears's new movie, The Queen.
    me too, xuli! i've heard helen mirren is spectacular. amazingly enough, my husband wants to see it too - thank goodness for anglophilia.

I am a huge Van Morrison fan and he sings comfortably numb in the trailer, so that was reason enough for me to see it :)
    aha, bigmoonmountain, THAT'S who that was! i've heard enough pink floyd to know that it was a cover, but i couldn't put my finger on it. i must say, i kind of fell in love with the dropkick murphys song as well ("going up to boston," or something like that) - kinda reminded me of the pogues.

elixirbeth, i've heard the same thing about the original (which is the first in a trilogy), and i'd love to see that, too.

I agree Stella - pretty much the only reason I will see a movie in the theatre is if it is worthy of the big screen (Sci Fi) or an Oscar Nominated film I want to see before the Academy Awards. My tv and sound system are good enough to watch most movies and only my cat bothers me.

me too, brdgt and stella. the heckling at friday night flicks in college was one thing...the crowd input now, not so appropriate.

i actually assumed that was a new york crowd thing, a la the "bronx cheer" at baseball games (which - pathetic). i grew up in southern california (not hollywood, but close enough that people were movie-crazy), where noise at a film was like whistling in church. maybe people are noisy and munchy everywhere now?

msfish-
    dropkick murphys are good, never seen them in concert. I know I am going off subject but you have peaked my interest with the pogues reference ;) I really liked them, and currently am into the tossers (alot like dropkick) and flogging molly (more like the pogues)...so if you like yourself some pogue and dropkick I recommend those two- seen them both in concert in Chicago ----Totally Rocked--

Quote Originally Posted by msfish
    i grew up in southern california (not hollywood, but close enough that people were movie-crazy), where noise at a film was like whistling in church.
    Aw, me too.

I saw The Departed last weekend and also really enjoyed it. Despite all of the plot holes. And that does not happen very often for me. For the second time, Mark Wahlberg surprised me by being one of the best things about a movie. I guess I am, indeed, feeling those good vibrations, Mark. The way music was used in the film was also completely kickass.

I also saw The Last King of Scotland last week–amazing performance by Forrest Whitaker in a film that could have used more of them. Still liked it though there were some truly grusome moments (as one would expect). There's one image in particular that was just . . . no. No no no no no. I'm sure anyone who's seen it knows what I'm talking about.

Did anyone see the trailer for 300? It may be the Nine Inch Nails that's doing it to me and the fact that I'm a big ass dork but it may be the Best Trailer I've Ever Seen Ever. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by quornflour
    I saw the Science of Sleep most recently and absolutely loved it.
    DH and I just saw this on Friday night, and it was great. If you like Michel Gondry films and his sort of humor, you'll love it, too.

Marie Antwonette

I saw Marie Antwonette and I really liked it but the ending was kind of abrupt and they didnt finish her life story it just kind of was over. BUT the hair makeup and clothes were AMAZING!!! WOW being a hairstylist/makeup artist well you can understand

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads