Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    well, her life did end pretty abruptly. Kirsten Dunst creeps me out, but i do want to see the costumes.

2. # ADS

I really want to see The Departed and Marie Antoinette, but I'm thinking I'll save those for rentals.

Last weekend we rented Thank You For Smoking - which was fantastic if anyone missed it in the theaters.

And Saturday we went to see Borat. Possibly the funniest movie I have ever seen (sick, wrong and a highly disturbing mirror held up to American society, but still really really funny)

the boss man was home with sick kiddies today so I took advantage and took off a bit early and caught an afternoon showing of Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan... all I have to say is: so funny and so, so very wrong.

I'd defintely wait to rent Marie Antoinette. I was really disapointed in the ending. But I agree, the makeup and clothing were amazing. I just wanted to see a little blood (oh darn)...

And I can't wait to see Borat, it looks too funny! I heard it was banned from Russia..

I just saw Borat (twice) this weekend. I loved it, I'd definitely go see it again.
    The second time I went, though, the people in front of us brought their 6 year old daughter.... And she stayed the entire time.
    Worst. Idea. Everrrr.

Re: Been to the movies lately?

Quote Originally Posted by msfish
    The missus (ie my husband) really wanted to see The Departed, though, so we went this Saturday, and damn! I can't think of the last time I enjoyed a film so much. It even made me like Leo DiCaprio, who I've always thought was kind of yicky. Have any of you seen it? What did you think?
    I saw it back on Oct. 28th with hubby. We got the grandparents to watch the kids. What an amazing movie. I was glad to see this thread. I also like Leo now--when before I thought he was a great actor (but a bit icky). Now, wow. I also enjoyed that there were authentic Boston accents (Wahlberg & Damon).

Quote Originally Posted by Guinness
    I just saw Borat (twice) this weekend. I loved it, I'd definitely go see it again.
    The second time I went, though, the people in front of us brought their 6 year old daughter.... And she stayed the entire time.
    Worst. Idea. Everrrr.
    I saw that movie this weekend too... and I just don't know how I feel about it. I guess I am still in shock. I can't even IMAGINE bringing a 6 year old to that movie?!

those of you who've seen the borat movie: how familiar with the character were you prior to the film? i'd be interested to know how someone who hadn't seen much (or any) of da ali g show felt about it, as compared to someone who knew it pretty well (i saw all of season 1).

with all of the viral marketing and hype, i can't imagine being completely unfamiliar with the character. i haven't seen da ali g show but i don't think it made a difference.

I just saw BORAT while on vacation in London. It was definitely funny, but weird to see it where I did because so many of the jokes are about how stupid Americans are. It was weird to be (presumably) the only American in a room full of Brits who were laughing at Americans.

I was familiar with Ali G, but never a fan. Mostly I am just amazed that he could do the things he did and people had no idea that it was an act. Some of it must have been staged though--like the Pamela Anderson scene. I just can't believe that he could have done what he did to her (I won't give away what it was) in a public place and not get arrested.

I also saw a British movie CHILDREN OF MEN, which was really good (but depressing). I hadn't heard anything about it, and I don't think it's even out in the US yet.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads