Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Been to the movies lately?

What did you see, and how was it?

Since I live in Manhattan (where movie tickets are $10.75 apiece) and our closest theaters are in Times Square (where shows are so crowded that you have to purchase hours in advance and show up an hour early for seats), I don't tend to hit the theater very often.

The missus (ie my husband) really wanted to see The Departed, though, so we went this Saturday, and damn! I can't think of the last time I enjoyed a film so much. It even made me like Leo DiCaprio, who I've always thought was kind of yicky. Have any of you seen it? What did you think?

2. # ADS

I saw the Science of Sleep most recently and absolutely loved it.

We went to the cheap seats with a friend on Saturday night to see Talladega Nights, although we had planned on seeing The Departed. There are a lot of interesting movies out, I'm trying to make time to see them (The Prestige, Flags of Our Fathers, Marie Antoinette, etc.)

We went last month. It is such a treat to go to the movies. Having kids, we usually watch DVDs. But the cinema up the street from our house is the one that shows all the indie movies in town. So that's usually where we go when we have a chance. We saw Little Miss Sunshine, and loved it. Science of Sleep is coming there, I think. So it's good to hear a good review.

We recently watched Walk the Line on DVD. I loved it.

I havent been able to go to the movies for 2 years. I had a daughter and she keeps us from going out to quiet places. Babysitters are rather scarce

I really really really want to see The Departed, but haven't made it to the theater yet to see it yet. I don't think it's going to be playing locally for much longer, either, unfortunately.

I'm really excited to see Stephen Frears's new movie, The Queen.

I also just saw Volver in the theater, which I loved; and Quinceanera, which I liked.

msfish -I watched the departed a few weeks ago! I am a huge Van Morrison fan and he sings comfortably numb in the trailer, so that was reason enough for me to see it :) I was not prepared for such a gooooood movie, it just did not stop. I went with my husband and we left the theater bumbling, unable to talk. WOW Tickets have gotten expensive, it is crazy. I wish DVDS came out the same time as the movie, I would always stay home to watch rather than go out. I am so not patient though, errr, I am always shelling out the big money (holla).

i have been waiting for the prestige since august, when i saw the trailer for it at the little miss sunshine screening i was at - i am hoping to see it either wednesday or saturday.

i rented munich last weekend. it was a little long, but i loved it. it made me want to go to israel and volunteer for the israeli army.

AND since i am addicted to will and marcus in ABOUT A BOY, and my ancient vhs tape snapped, i treated myself to the DVD, and have been watching that like every night while i knit :)

i had the same reaction to The Departed. it was so incredibly good, i couldn't talk about it for a while, but i couldn't stop thinking about it either. the soundtrack was incredible... everything about it wa incredible.

other than that, i hardly ever see movies in the theater. it's actually not the ticket prices, although they are ridiculous, it's being surrounded by fricking idiots. if i had a nickel for every time some asshat cracked up during a tragic scene in every movie i've ever seen in the theater, i'd have a whole lot of nickels. these are the people who thought American Beauty was a hilarious comedy, and think it's highly amusing when a character dies suddenly and shockingly. plus, listening to people eat popcorn makes me want to dig my eyes out with spoons.

Have any of you seen the original version of The Departed? I think its called "Infernal Affairs"... its Japanese. I haven't seen either, but my partner is dying to see The Departed. Our friends say its not NEARLY as good as the original, though. I'm curious about both.

As for me, I saw The Prestige the other night and LOVED LOVED LOVED it. Then again I'm a huge fan of Christopher Nolan... his films are so... non-linear.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads