Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I feel like a 13 year old.

xxxxx
    Last edited by peppermintsquare; 04-15-2011 at 05:18 PM.

2. # ADS

If you didn't reveal your age I'd swear you were my friend, she's 26 though and she's getting braces and complained that she has a few gray hairs, getting braces and is breaking out.

They say adult acne is from high stress, not from dirt or raging hormones as it is in younger teens. The best way to combat that would be to do some relaxing spa kinds of treatments and to eat well, you won't see immediate results, but you'll feel better in a short while, the less stressed you are, the better your skin will get.

Good luck :)

jt

I just wanted to commiserate--I also have braces....a lovely throwback to my adolescent experience, which apparently did not do the job the first time around. :(

Have you had the nerve to get any of the colored elastics yet? I can't believe there are like, three shades of pink alone!

Initially I was really self conscious--don't worry, you get used to them. The weirdest thing is my orthodontist is my friend and it was a little strange to have to "Bite down....good...okay, open" while he peered into my mouth.

If you check my website...that's me on the front page. And why am I not smiling, you ask?

I second the recommendation for cetaphil. I use that daily, along with Aveno toner and moisturizer, and that has helped my breakouts. (Except on my back - yuck. Nothing seems to help my hideous bacne).

Yeah, I can relate to the feeling of, hey, shouldn't I have grown out of pimples by now? At this rate, I'll have pimples and wrinkles at the same time ):

Hang in there. And maybe do up your eyes! When I breakout, I go crazy on the eye makeup b/c it makes me feel prettier and I always hope that maybe people will look at my big lashes instead of my big pimples.

I think when I get a dental plan I may invest in some straight teeth and whatnot.
    Does anyone have any experience with Invisalign?

I really want to try the invisaline once I get the rotting teeth in the back of my mouth taken care of(no sense having baraces whan they are falling out!).
    I'd be interested to know experiances with it.
    Ive seen some mid 30-40 year old customers that have them but look fine.You can tell they have them and the suck up their saliva much to often while talking but they aren't like the braces of the 80's thats for sure!

Bummer about the braces-on the good side at least you don't have 13 yr old boys taunting you for having them. (for me it was 15/16 year olds but still something I'm glad is in the past)

I recommend tea tree oil. I bought a small bottle at the health food store that I've had for over a year. You just put a drop on a zit and it starts to dry it up. As I'm getting older I'm getting the hard little bump zits that never get a head so I can never pop them. The tea tree oil usually gets rid of them in three or four days.

Invisalign is the way to go. I'm 51 and correcting crooked lower teeth and extensive overbite, open bite, and narrow bite on the uppers. I've had them 7 months and my teeth look great. Only 4 months to go. They make you talk a little funny but not much. A friend got regular braces and they tore her mouth up. I just smugly said "I told you to get Invisilign."

oh! poor thing. i'm agreeing with the people who say to treat yourself if you can-- a mani/pedi is always a happy thing that feels glam (even if you do it at home, or skip polish).

powder DOES make me break out-- especially if it has mica in it. those little sparkly flecks seem to clog my pores. i'd also suggest laying off anything new you've been putting on your face-- new meaning since 2-3 weeks before you started breaking out. i find that i often start breaking out a few weeks after i've started a new product...

good luck! it will pass...

I, too, had the pain of wearing braces, but now when I look at my teeth, I'm so glad that I did.
    I had to wear this awkward appliance called a splint that looked like a boxer's mouth guard. I barely spoke, because I had such a speech impediment and a lisp from the horrible thing. So, I feel your pain.
    About the skin... I love Cetaphil, but I also love the Aveeno skin wash. It is specifically for adult acne. If you have a Target they make their own version of both the Cetaphil and the Aveeno, as they are a bit pricey.

* Also... If you noticed the redness gets worse after orthodontist visits, you could be allergic to latex. Because there is so much face-touching involved and your skin is more sensitive, especially around your mouth. I have a latex allergy, and I first noticed a reaction on my face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads