Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Christmas Gifts- What are you making?

Hi everyone. I was just starting to think about Christmas gifts for my family. I was wondering what everyone was planning on making for their friends and family?
    My sister wants a funky purse... I am trying to figure out what she means by funky... the last purse I saw her carring was beige leather covered in O rinds of all sizes. There were probably over 15 on a small purse. So I am thinking of ideas for her.

My mom loves purple and she loves to cuddle up with blankets in the winter. I was thinking fleese blanket, slippers, I doubt she would wear a scarf.

My stepdad... I have no clue. He wouldnt wear a scarf... maybe a beanie... thats a possibility. He really likes baseball. Maybe a baseball themed blanket. Maybe a baseball themed wall board. There is a cool tut on this website.http://craftapple.wordpress.com/2006...cket-tutorial/

Dont have a clue for hubby. He will like anything I make him though.

What is everyone else doing?

Melissa

2. # ADS

If your step-dad collects baseball cards, maybe making him a card book to display them in would be nice. You can get plastic card holders at game stores and then make a cool book to bind them into? Or maybe just decorate a cool binder for him.

And a funky bag idea:
    I made a bag with a rounded bottom (or design it however you want), used 2 d-rings on the sides and made the strap out of handcuffs (i've found them for around $2-3). It's cheap and people always ask me where I got it.. I tell them I stole the cuffs from a cop to sound ultra cool.

I'm making for my friends snowglobes and t-shirts, which shouldn't be too expensive since I'm broke like no other.

hee. I like that the handcuffs come with a story - fabricated or not.

I'm making a lace scarf for my Grandma.

Probably baked goods of some kind for most of my friends. Someone posted about green tea truffles a while back - I'll have to dig that back up.

I'm making my dog a new fleece blanket. I'll probably make a few for Project Night Night too.

The rest of my family is probably going to get handmade ornaments as part of the wrapping on their generic, store-bought and uninspired presents unless I find some inspiration soon.

I'm making photo ornament sets for various family members by affixing pics into vintage jello molds and cookie cutters and embellishing them. I'm also baking jar cakes and assembling gift sets that are craft and gardening themed.

So far I've made a few aprons for my little nieces and a nephew who also loves to cook. I also made an apron for an older niece who just got her own apartment, I'm gonna make her a few matching pot holders for her too.

I always make some sort of food or candy thing for an additional gift for extras and family. So, I'm making candied nuts for people... And since the homemade dog biscuits went over so well with the family members who have dogs last year. Well, I'm making those again too.

Not sure what else yet. I usually do some shopping too. My mom says I should be a personal shopper because I really try to think about the things a person would like and enjoy. So, I guess I kind of enjoy that stuff too. But, probably aprons for my mom and who-evers name I get in the family name draw.

It's going to be a simple year for me. Most of my friends and family are getting a handmade ornament and a handwritten poem. The kids of the family are getting melted candy ornaments.

My father in law is getting either tea or beer bread.
    My best guy friend is getting a pillow I found with the I Ching on it and probably a few votive candle holders (he's planning on moving out of his parents house this year, and needs home decor things)
    My best guy friends parents really helped me a lot this year and I want to get them something small too. I'll probably get them a big tub or popcorn or a nice coca cola set with a small serving of coffee (the mom is a coca cola buff, and the dad loves coffee)

I've gotten a few small books for my boyfriend and an awesome pin up pop up card so far. I'm also going to get him a Giger calendar I found, and possibly a planner or journal (he loves journals).

Now just to actually buy things! But I need money first!

I had planned to make temari ornaments, but haven't even gotten started!

i am so uninspired this year. I am usually so good in thinking about what to give as gifts. I am actually letting my husband have full control of all the family gifts.
    For our nephews i am going to make polar fleece jackets, and i think that we will be giving the nieces jewelery boxes with a little trinket inside. Rich, the husband, decided that gift baskets were a really good idea this year, so we are building multiple pasta, popcorn, coffee & cookie baskets.
    Something we found for one of the grandma's is a cupcake tree. thought this was a cute idea combined with a couple of nice cake mixes.
    so far, that's all we got.
    hope you all have a good holiday season

I am ordering a bunch of custom sweatshirts and t-shirts for folks, because I love neighborhoodies.com!
    I am making some ornaments.
    I am buying crafty supplies for some of my crafties friends and the rest I cannot tell because they are on GC too.

So far I've made my Mother-in-Law some socks. When I can't make something for someone I try to find something for them at the local DIY craft shows, so at least it supports a crafter even if it's not me :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads