Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

mineral makeup..

I am tempted to try mineral makeup.. (thanks Leeza Gibbons..sarcasm) the starter kit with sheer cover seems quite reasonable..but then they want to charge your credit card $30 a month..and ship every 3 months.. I am so unimpressed with their marketing strategy... the way it seemed on tv..then when I checked the website... I JUST HATE THAT KIND OF MARKETING.. I know they sell mineral makeup at some of the local spas..and I think there are drug store brands too! Is there anyone out there that has tried a few of the brands? What do you recommend?

2. # ADS

I do get Bare Minerals makeup... I absolutely love it, but because I'm a preschool teacher, all my makeup disappears by noon. So, I only wear it on weekends and days we don't have kiddos at work. But it is awesome makeup, and you can spread your shipments out as far as nine months apart.

Also, you can buy starter kits and sample starter kits on ebay for way cheap. I don't know about any of the other brands, but I hope this helps you a little bit.

I've never tried Bare Essentials but my good friend has and she raves about how great the make-up is. I've thought about buying some on ebay myself but haven't gotten around to it.

l'oréal bare naturale is awesome, if you're looking for a good brand that's less expensive. it gives really good coverage...i get dark circles under my eyes and this actually covers them up!

i love the bare escentuals. ebay is the way to go if you don't have stores around you that sell the stuff.

I like this company A LOT better than the bare minerals people.
    For one thing, they let you order small sample bags of anything you want, so you can make sure it's the right color.
    and they are really really nice.

http://www.aromaleigh.com/

www.everydayminerals.com is another company that's cheaper than bare minerals.

also, i did the intro starter pack from bare minerals, and i cancelled right after receiving my product. no drama or stress.

You can get a starter box of Bare Essentials (or is it Escentuals? I don't know) at Sephora for $60. It comes with two colors of foundation, three brushes, blush, primer, and the "mineral veil", which just evens everything up. If there are no Sephoras near by, they sell them at the website (www.sephora.com) or on eBay. I really like it; it's light and I think my skin has cleared up a little since I've switched to it, although that may just be wishful thinking.

Thanks for all the info..

So far.. I have invested in some great brushes from cost-co... I'm serious! They were 20 for a set...and all but one are natural... Shoppers had a great deal the other weekend...so I bought a drug store brand... physcians formula...I think it is the only brand of drugstore mineral makeup..it was $20... I want to buy a darker colour as well (bronzer) I think the colour I bought is the right one...but it would be nice to have a bit of colour.. I love the ritual of powdering my face with a nice brush...I had never been in that habit before!!! I also find foundation clogs my pores..so the mineral makeup should solve that problem.. I still am going to try more expensive brands... I like to compare quality and price...

Quote Originally Posted by erinina
    l'oréal bare naturale is awesome, if you're looking for a good brand that's less expensive. it gives really good coverage...i get dark circles under my eyes and this actually covers them up!

How long does it last? I can't see me shelling out $60 for the Bare Escentuals but I wouldn't mind something that I can put on in the morning and not have to worry about all day at work.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads