Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

useless superflous products..

I almost considered buying some small cone coffee filters...for my portable cup size plastic melitta filter...then I looked at the price...$2.50 for 40!! I still have a pack of 100 at home that I paid the equivelent of $1 for in Germany. The way prices are edging up on things..and the way that manufacturers waste our money and time by making too many sizes of things..so it makes it hard to buy the right item... The supermarkets are just stocked with useless products...like "quick" Kraft dinner... what is your favorite stupid product?

2. # ADS

Well, I don't know if it's a "stupid" product generally, but it is for me. Recently I was at Ikea, and I bought a little battery-operated milk frother for $1.99. I don't even drink coffee! I've never used the thing, but it was so damn cute I just had to have it. Maybe I'll froth up my hot chocolate with it, now that the weather is colder. One good thing--I saw the same thing in a Restoration Hardware gift catalog for $19! If I was stupid, at least I was cheap stupid!

You want nuts, how about pre-filled single use ice trays...
    I so wish I was kidding...

but alas no if anyone could give me a good logical reason for this, please do share...

~Q

Wow. Aqua Ice. I am seriously speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by jupitercrash
    Wow. Aqua Ice. I am seriously speechless.

I have a lot of words, but they are all far too rude for polite company.

My favorite "useless" product is mostly useless because it's poorly made. I drink a lot of teas, both bagged and loose, and so I have a couple of tea infusers for the loose teas. One works really well, in that it's easy to use, keeps all of the tea leaves contained, but allows them to unroll and is easy to remove from the mug or pot. The other I got recently, and the little mug hook has already fallen off, the tea leaves fall out of the holes and is hard to take apart and put together neatly. But I love that I have it, so I can brew loose tea even if my preferred infuser is in the dishwasher.

In terms of products that drive me up the wall by merely existing, I have so many that I can't think of a single one right now. But every time I go shopping, at least one jumps out at me. None are probably so egregious as the Aqua Ice, though.

Useless and expensive

My favourite useless and expensive item is the pre-made Smuckers BP & J sandwiches without the crusts and cut into an appallingly cute circle. Just how hard can it be to make a PB & J?

quesadilla makers! oh my god, how ridiculous is that? another expensive gadget for people who can't manage to handle putting a tortilla in a frying pan. for christ's sake. i don't even know what to think of people who buy that bullshit.

and the Aqua Ice actually makes me feel sick. i don't even buy bottled water because it is such a waste of energy and resources, but pre-filled ice cube trays? i'd like to have a little talk with the company that came up with those.

Quote Originally Posted by stella
    quesadilla makers! oh my god, how ridiculous is that? another expensive gadget for people who can't manage to handle putting a tortilla in a frying pan. for christ's sake. i don't even know what to think of people who buy that bullshit.

and the Aqua Ice actually makes me feel sick. i don't even buy bottled water because it is such a waste of energy and resources, but pre-filled ice cube trays? i'd like to have a little talk with the company that came up with those.
    Preferably while you are swinging a Louisville Slugger, I should think.

Yeah- those ice cubes just take the cake. Really. They make quesadilla makers almost look intelligent, and that's saying a lot. Or those awful pancake makers they sell on tv that make what look like inedible pancakes. Or the egg scrambler that pierces the egg shell and scrambles the egg in side of it- unless you have severe arthritis or are a double amputee, what's the point?

I wonder if you could pre-scramble the egg and then hard boil it? That could be quite an experiment!

S'more makers--I already have one, and it is called a microwave.
    Smoothie makers--I have one of those, too, and it is called a blender.
    I work at a grocery store and I see some crazy things. One of my favorites is the Kraft macaroni and cheese popcorn shaker, which I guess is supposed to make your popcorn taste like macaroni and cheese. The hell?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads