Thread: World Aids Day

World Aids Day

Today (yesterday for me already, and maybe a lot of you! December 1st, I mean!) was World Aids Day. There's a page where you can light a virtual candle, and a nice, warm, fuzzy pharmaceutical company will donate $1 to... hmm, it actually doesn't say. I think Aids research, or free medication to patients in poorer countries. Sorry for my lack of information, but it must be something good, eh (not usually something you'd say about the drug companies...)? So hurry up & click, since I think it's only for Dec. 1st!
    https://www.lighttounite.org/

Did anyone do anything for WAD? I'm out of the country this year, but the past two years I've been at a display with information on the history of HIV/Aids, and given out info about the disease and condoms. Your standard stuff. I'd love to have some new or different things that I can do next year, though.

2. # ADS

I had to work so I didn't get to do anything. I waited to see if any of my students would bring it up, but none of them did.

i'd like the Catholic church to collectively pull their heads out of their asses re: condoms and their availability in Africa, but i didn't know it was World AIDS Day. hopefully people will start paying attention to the HIV pandemic on more than just one day a year.

I ran a fundraiser event at my college and we collected almost 300 bucks to send to the Global Fund....not bad for a private Christian college, not as much as I would have liked but better than nothing I hope :(

Everyday is World AIDS Day for me as I work in an HIV clinic. :P

Yesterday I went down to city hall to check out their WAD event, and I have to say I was a little disappointed that it was so small. I'm not sure if it was because it was held outside on a cold, windy day or because it's not a big priority.

At work, we wrote "inspirational messages" on pieces of paper and stuck them on a bulletin board in one of the waiting areas.

Remove Ads

Ads