Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Cheap Home

Home Cheap Home

Has anyone else gotten the Budget Living book? Mine came today, and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong: I absolutely loooove BL, but the book is entirely re-used layouts that were already in the mag.

2. # ADS

I have to say that I haven't read the book, and I hadnt' even read the magazine until a couple of days ago.

Was it just the last issue, or is it not as budget-y as it could be? Maybe I'm just that poor.

i was massively disappointed...
    ive been reading the magazine since the beginning and i had already seen practically everything in the book. it was a huge letdown.

uh-oh. mine's on the way as a birthday gift. but I've only been reading sporadically so maybe I won't be let down...

No, soapandwater, unfortunately, Budget Living ain't all that budget. I have found that it does have some good articles on saving money and finances, as well as some really great spreads on how to throw parties on the cheap.

Poo. I was really looking forward to picking it up. I realllly enjoy BL, especially the Money Talks question/answer bit. I'm always finding something useful in the mag, but I have learned that 'budget' is totally relative. What's budget to some, ain't budget to others...

I wanted to look at the book before I bought it, but it looks like you saved me the trouble, sublime.
    I have noticed that the magazine started our really budget conscious in teh first issue, but it has been on a steady decline/ incline. Not to mention half of the fashion spreads are either one time vintage finds, or from the geographically limited H&M, which is not anywhere near Texas.
    *grumble.*

I was going to wait to see it in a store/library but it sounds like I can just pull out all my issues and review them!

I just realized my local newspaper runs columns about cheap finds and all the info and pix are from BL. And last issued I flipped through I noticed a picture I recognized and it is from another book, Decorating your First Apartment.

so it seems whenever I read a craft book/magazine or similar I get that feeling that I've seen it before and only find a few new items. I guess that's the case when you scour the internerd on a daily basis looking for projects and tips and check-out decorating books from the library.

Quote Originally Posted by ad_ho
    I wanted to look at the book before I bought it, but it looks like you saved me the trouble, sublime.
    I have noticed that the magazine started our really budget conscious in teh first issue, but it has been on a steady decline/ incline. Not to mention half of the fashion spreads are either one time vintage finds, or from the geographically limited H&M, which is not anywhere near Texas.
    *grumble.*
    Totally! I love it, still, because I do think the home design is quite nifty, but the clothes are inevitably from places far, far away from Indiana.

I'm still a ho for design books, especially books that lure me in with tales of budget design, so I'll probably wait for it to hit Ebay or half.com.

I got the sense that they did it in a hurry and at the same time they were producing the magazine. I can hardly wait to check it out though, i'm a big fan too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads