Thread: cold sores?!?

cold sores?!?

Yuck, this morning I woke up with a huge cold sore on my lip, I have been putting zovirax (a prescription medicine) on it all morning but, this thing is huge and doesn't look like it is going away any time soon. This is not acceptable because I have a big date tonight and would like my lips to look soft and kissable not gross and disease ridden. Does anyone have a hints about how I can get rid of it and quickly?

2. # ADS

I'm afraid there's no way to get rid of them quickly. My treatment is to slather it in carmex, take L-Lysine, and hold an ice cube over it. I don't know if this reduces the duration, but it makes me feel better.

A second on the Lysine bit. I used to get fever blisters/cold sores all of the time when I was little, and my mother would have me take Lysine and Vitamin C (or just wash down the Lysine with OJ). It always quickened the healing process. I like Carmex and I've also used Campho-Phenique, although it's not my fave. Good luck!

Don't know if this will be much help to you now that you've already got it, but I use Boots's own brand of Zovirax, which works more for me. I also ignore the 'apply once every four hours' advice and apply it roughly every thirty seconds. If I don't have any medicine handy, I put toothpaste on it, which stops it stinging and getting quite so blistery.

I always get them right under my nose...and a friend told me that if you break the blister with ice, (I just freeze the sucker for a really long time.) it helps the medicine penetrate, and the sore to heal faster.

I didn't believe it, but I tried it as soon as I got one, and iced the little bugger, (not booger.) and the blister broke and then put campho phenique all over it.

Remove Ads

Ads