Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Horrible Customer Service

Normally, I wouldn't post something like this, but the truly appalling customer service of Reckon (reckonwordwide.com) merits it. My friend ordered $130 worth of Christmas presents on Nov. 6th. At that point their website said they had a 3 week turnaround time on orders. That's fine, but when Dec. 10 rolled around, she got worried and sent an email, then another a couple days later, than one more. They did not reply and she ended up calling them. No answer, no return call. . We started to worry that it wasn't a legitimate company at this point. I have never heard of a company not answering any emails or phone calls over a period of a week and their answering machine recording sounded strange. Finally I suggested that she contacted them through their etsy shop (reckon.etsy.com) and got this in return. Please note where he says that "People like you make fascism happen and prosper." in response to someone's worry that an order placed over 6 weeks ago wouldn't arrive until after Christmas when there had been no contact with the seller.

Sent by Reckon on December 16, 2006:
    Heather,
    A copy of my email although I'm thinking it did arrive safely. Btw, I lose email at a regular rate including my own sns shopping cart mails which on occasion do not reach me:
    Heather,

Nice approach overall. Stopping printing and packaging to provide you an update on things because you've obviously earned it. Of some notable irony is the fact that two of your items are in my print plan today. But here you go for what it's worth:

There are currently two of us. It's poetry more than business. And it's good, and has good aim.
    Also works. Very well. On both counts you are being a tad shortsighted and jumping the gun a bit.

You weren't being ignored at all - we've been in and out of pocket and having this problem and that (old Murphy) as things tend to go when the going gets busier than ever. I also could no longer (a few months back, that is) keep up by myself...so the info and tasks are split between two and on occasion things slip through the cracks. I got your last email and forwarded it to the appropriate person who is tending to shipping and thought they wrote you back but apparently not. My apologies for that. I have a third friend helping with telephones now, and they got your messages this morning. Hence, they wanted nothing to do with you. Then my cell notified me on another of your attempts. I don't know how many just yet. But, sheesh. It isn't Christmass yet and turnaround times are clearly stated with regard to these things. And you already are aware of the wild holiday season.

You see, we're absolutely swamped and overwhelmed and thereby working our tails off getting things printed, pressed, packaged and shipped out. This includes 3 of your items which were already shipped, and the remaining two which will ship today or tomorrow. Some were on our back-order list. We just got the last part of your order in. Everything is made to order until after the holidays, and we're at the mercy of our supplier. We receive no solid dates for fulfillment of back-ordered items and often don't know whether something is available or not until our actual shipments arrive. I'm not sure why. I've tried to find out numerous times to no avail. We all have but they will not, due to the constant flux, provide any guarantee or date. Makes sense when you think about it.

Furthermore, we're third in line when it comes to stock.
    1. Huge clients
    2. AA Retail stores, brick n' mortar
    3. Tiny clients

Due to the volume of orders we've not been able to man the emails and phones as sufficiently as we would normally, or as sufficiently as it should be. But that's growth and we can't very well be blamed for that when said growth signals very positive strides for much more than t-shirts. American Apparel being so backed up signals the same.

Poets need not register with bureaus, by the way. I got a kick out of that one. I can assure you this is very Real indeed and not a one soul has been shorted here, and once the items are received and worn you and your gift-receivers will no doubt understand why. Much is put into them.
    And re: these back-order issues I'm busy as well working to alter things for next year so that turnaround times will be cut in half or more. Hope you stay tuned.

3 hours of sleep per day thru December,

C/W
    RECKON

P.S. By the way I love your assumptions. I'd much rather not deal with such an attitude than so need the money as to put up with such childishness. You must've been kidding. Luckily for us both your order is all but fulfilled. For the record it isn't unusual for a back-ordered situation to extend beyond a month, especially with regard to larger quantity orders. This is also stated on the site.

Lastly, your email on your order form states XXX@gmail.com.
    Did you even receive the payment confirmation emails???

Hope you get this one.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You have no right to be "really,really mad." In fact it is YOU who has been out of line. All info is posted and that includes our email issues and all the rest of it. I'm certainly not the only one who was privy to your psychosis.
    Your order isn't late according to policy. You just didn't read it.
    You interrupted your own pieces being printed. Get a grip.
    And, further, comparing your order to ANY other order is inane. That simply is not how this works.
    People like you make fascism happen and prosper.
    Now I get back to work so you can continue fiddling thumbs.
    c

2. # ADS

WOW- what a massive asshole! I just don't know what to say. A simple "we're sorry we have been far busier than we had expected and your order will be there asap sorry for the delay" certainly would have been more desirable than that infantile rant. Don't they know customer service is a HUGE part of doing business? I mean, you can't afford bad word of mouth. I know I will never buy anything from them just because I read this. He/she must be a really unhappy person.

did you report them to the better business bureau?

Am in the process of doing that now.

They have forums on etsy too, I don't know if it's considered flaming the people, but I would probably post that in there so that people don't buy from them.
    I can understand being busy, but that's why they should hire friends, or stop taking orders if they can't handle the business!

I wonder how long it took him to write that incredibly snarky reply...and how many more orders were delayed because of his need to express his jerkiness.

Holy crap. Just goes to show that no matter how grand someone's ideas are, not all people are cut out for business.

Since you've only posted the seller's responses, I'm assuming you were polite in your inquiries and his wrath struck you entirely by surprise.

People like you make fascism happen and prosper.
    Okay, THAT has got to be some of the funniest shit I've read in a long time.

Someone needs to switch to decaf. Or maybe given a year's membership to the Holocaust Memorial Museum. Comparing your attempts to contact them with *genocide*...wow. What do you say to that?

Their email's about as well written and lucid as the emails from Nigeria asking for bank account info.

"we've been in and out of pocket and having this problem and that (old Murphy) as things tend to go when the going gets busier than ever."

I sure hate when I get in and out of pocket.

I sure hate when I get in and out of pocket.
    Actually, I have to give them this one. Whatever the faults of their customer service, "out of pocket" is a legit colloquial way of saying that you're overextended.

I never heard it growing up in Massachusetts, but I knew people in Maryland (interestingly, all Mormon) who regularly said it. I agree it sounds weird though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads