good skin care article.

i thought this was a good article..
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/04/fa...erland&emc=rss

2. # ADS

I have never been one to go all out on buying every little skin care product. A gentle cleanser, moisurizer, and staying out of the sun/using sunscreen are all I need. Mind you, I'm not terribly faithful with all 3, but at almost 42 I still get mistaken for someone in their early 20's, despite all the gray hair I have!
    My older sister uses more skin care products. Yeah..her skin is softer than mine...but probably only because she's a stickler for routine. She's 3 yrs older and it hasn't given her any fewer crows feet than I have.....which isn't many at all.
    Our parents passed on some great genes to us!

Yeah, I think hoping I have my mother's good aging genes will pay off more than some fancy creams. I use a cleanser, moisturizer with SPF, and a night cream in the winter when it gets cold. My skin isn't *perfect*, but it's pretty damn good, and most days I can oversleep and skip makeup without feeling self conscious about it.

i think that there are less expensive brands that are just as good, if not better, than the expensive ones. the fact of the matter is that it all depends on the person and her or his skin.

i agree about the overdoing of products though! i got a zit once and tried to cleanse, tone, moisturize and treat it away only making my skin worse...it looked so dull and tired. then i went back to my old standby, noxema, and have been only using that and either vichy or that la roche posay moisturizer they mentioned in the article (the brand doesn't matter to me as long as it is spf) and could not be happier with my skin!

Remove Ads

Ads