just got my free martha tee!

I LOVE IT!! It is pink with a black silouette/line drawing thing of her - I got it from y que trading post
    http://www.yque.com and it is great! They have a great rant on the page with all the martha shirts that I totally agree with - I can't wait to wear it!

Anyone THAT driven has to be as crazy as a shithouse rat, man or woman. And I don't care! I feel for her daughter cause it would suck to have a mom that nutty, but we all have our burdens to bear! She sure knows what she is doing (up until the fib) and I love what she has done for handcrafts, 'domestic arts' and gardening. Her stylists rock - I may not like every project but there are loads that I really love.

Amanda
    http://www.charmschool.biz
    modern style with vintage charm

2. # ADS

She has done a lot for creative and crafty people everywhere. I don't know that she's crazy, but I also don't think she deserves jail time.

Anyhow, she's put some great ideas out there. I do wish that there was a little more research and proofing in some of the how-to things I've read. I haven't followed her closely, but every once in a while I'd read something that was just wrong... Not esthetically displeasing to me, but something that would just not work the way described. Recipes that were missing steps or ingredients. Or advocating something that was not likely to be found outside of rare collections.

When you are projecting the image of calm cool collected elegance, it's not nice to mislead your readers into thinking they too can raise rare peonies or have fresh Araucana eggs for breakfast or get Home Depot to custom cut unusual wood trim.

lizzy,
    my favorite was the magazine that showed a cookie covered in non-edible decors with a retraction the next month that those cookies should not actually be eaten.

as for MS, I think she did wrong but she's being used as an example to the rest of us, that's not fair that b/c she's a celeb she's being strung up versus people who probably do this all the time and just didn't get caught up in a lie.

jt

Well, I bet THAT shirt won't be sold at Kitson's in LA for a ton of money like the Free Winona was.

I read an unauthorized biography about Stewart years ago. The woman is insane.

But, I think there are plenty of other people (i.e. men) out there who's done much bigger financial crimes (eg. Bush) than Martha. But you don't see any of them being sentenced. I agree, she makes for a more interesting target due to her sex and status. And I love what she's done for the once filthy word 'domesticity,' although the standards she's set--the mansion complete with industry standard kitchen and fresh eggs from her own chicken coop--is pretty ridiculous.

Speaking of which, have you guys seen this? I *almost* convinced my boyfriend, but as luck would have it, our backyard's not big enough.

http://www.omlet.co.uk/

OMG! That eglu is hilarious - I love it! We live in a village and I am sure there are 'ordinances' against having farm animals in town (ridiculous! - there should be a differentiation between, say, a horse and 4 chickens, don't you think?)

I am going to forward the eglu page to my mother, she is going to love it! I am going to go back and check out their about us page 'to find out more about how an eglu and chickens will bring my garden to life'.

thanks!
    Amanda
    http://www.charmschool.biz
    modern style vintage charm

I'm so relieved that I'm not the only one who loves this idea. All my friends made fun of me.

If you live outside the UK, they deliver everything but the chickens, but they'll point you to a good chicken provider in your town.

Chickens are the future!

Make Workshop sells a "Free Martha" diy t-shirt ki

Wow!! That is brilliant!Might be worth doing as a wallhanging or tote bag!
    thanks for the link -love it!!
    amanda
    [url}http://www.charmschool.biz[/url]

Remove Ads

Ads