Who is your crafty hero?

I just posted something in Girls Gone Crafty about the Sampler and about Marie being my crafty hero.

The Crafty Chica and Sister Diane of the Crafty Pod are two other heroes of mine.

Who are your crafty heroes.

2. # ADS

Elizabeth Zimmerman, for sure. there are a lot of artists and craftspeople whose work i really admire, but EZ has always felt like a kindred spirit.

Honestly, I don't know of any "famous" crafty people. So my heros are the people who taught me, or encouraged me. Number one on this list is our own moderator, artgeek, who is always showing me some sort of cool thing she made, and who's been very supportive of my interests in a variety of crafts. She also completely "bah"ed my feeling that I wasn't crafty enough for this forum, and I'm glad she did. I wouldn't have thought of cooking and gardening as crafty, and I've always felt that since I'm following someone else's pattern in cross-stitch, I'm not that crafty. Still, I keep learning new things (like crochet).

My friend Ginger, who taught me how to crochet and tried to teach me how to sew. The only downside is that I was so bad at sewing that she's totally given up on me, and won't give me a "refresher" course in crochet!

Finally, my friend Judy. She's an amazing gardener, who's always helping me figure out how to make my plants do well. I had an amazing container garden this year, and in no small part due to her advice. Plus, she's going to coach me on growing winter spinach!

My crafty heros are everyday crafter's who take the time to post their creations, often with a tutorial. Who are flattered, rather than ofended when you try to recreate their goodness. -PHH

Remove Ads

Ads