Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Music For Exercising

I've recently become much better about going to the gym, but am dismayed by the dismal music choice of the facility. I've been experimenting with various music on my CD player, but have only found one album (N.E.R.D.'s In Search of...) that really works for what I do. I basically just need music with a good beat to keep me going through running and weight training. Does anyone have any suggestions? I love all kinds of music...

Thanks!
    - Meg

2. # ADS

I like to make mix tapes for working out. Even at home, I turn down the wierd elevatory techno they loop on excercise videos and turn up my own. 80s stuff keeps me going. I've found that what gets me moving isn't always the coolest (i.e. Justin Timberlake really moves my booty) and songs with lots of fun and/or spunk work best. Lots of success to be had with: Speakerboxx, the Go-go's, the Donnas, Pat Benatar, Daft Punk, Saves the Day, Rick Springfield, Blondie, Figurine, Le Tigre, Postal Service. I like to mix in songs that I'll forget about and then when I hear it, I'll get re-energized. For example, "Let's Get Physical" by Olivia Newton-John or "Maneater" by Hall and Oates. How about a little "Eye of the Tiger"...you can pretend you're Rocky. My personal favorite is the song from the movie "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" that Jeff and Janie dance to when they win the competition to be on DTV! It's the cheesiest song on earth but, it works. My boyfriend HATES it but he endures it.

-Karla

I always get moving to Bonnie Tyler's "Holding out for a Hero..." I also like anything by Jet or AC/DC. Oddly, Charlie Daniels "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" also makes me move. I have a small Mp3 player I arrange different, fairly eclectic mixes depending on my mood.

I love to work out with Rage Against the Machine. Nothing like a little social angst to get your heartrate (and blood) boiling.

I always liked working out to Brian Setzer Orchestra. I lost my CD and just found it again a couple of days ago.

The only way I can make it through a full cardio workout is to listen to either of the Linkin Park cd's, or a mix cd of rap music.

My vote would go to a mixed cd of Le Tigre songs. feminist dance music is hot.

Ahh, I'm loving all these suggestions! I'll probably be able to make more than one CD- yay!

I always get moving to Bonnie Tyler's "Holding out for a Hero..."
    If only there were a dance mix for "Total Eclipse of the Heart!" :-)

Cheers-
    Meg

B-52's always works for me...Love Shack all the way!

Carrie

"Rock Your Body" -- Justin Timberlake
    "Hey Ya" -- Outkast
    "Move Your Feet" -- Junior Senior
    "Ivanka" -- Imperial Teen
    "Mr Roboto" -- Polysics
    "Bliss" -- Muscle Museum
    "Wanna Be Startin Somethin" -- Michael Jackson
    "Get Up Off That Thing" -- James Brown (when I play this in my car, I can't stop myself from bouncing in the seat)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads