Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where do I find...?

I'm starting a thread b/c I have no idea where to find string, what section of the store sells string, for that matter, what kind of store do I go to to buy string, Target, the supermarket? What?

I also figure there's something you need to get that you can't think of where to get it, so list away...

jt
    ps i am making a tote of sorts and i want the string so that i can cinch it closed...that kind of string :)

2. # ADS

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but walmart sells cord in the craft section. I've used it on the inside of round purse handles. It's with the fringe and trims type stuff.

SunBear
    String in the hardware store is usualy(oddly) with gloves.

You can find all kinds of string at flea markets or dollar stores often enough. String could be found in the automotive or household aisles of large drug stores. Hardware stores will have it in maybe a couple of places. Like deborahM says, by the gloves, or maybe in small spools near the paint aisles, or where masking tape is sold. It's kind of an all purpose thing.

In craft, fabric, and discount department stores, it will be in with trims like lace and stuff. Probably available by the yard. You might be able to find hemp twine by the spool available in the jewelry making aisles, too. The kind for drawstrings is going to be a braided or woven cord, probably cotton or poly-cotton. It will be near rattail or that silky looking cord sometimes used for jewelry.

Be open to using a flat braid for drawstrings. A twill tape or some similar trim might be suitable for your purpose and would likely be cheaper than the cord by the yard.

thanks for all of the ideas, I had totally forgotten about the hardware store! The last time I got twine/string oddly enough it was in a chinese grocery store next to the plates. I figured this was a random occurance and haven't been looking for it since.

Anyone have anything they need to find that I can help with? :)

jt

Okay, I want to put shelves on a wall. To do this, I need those metal strips with the holes in them, which bolt to the wall and then you stick shelf-holding-up brackets into the holes (so they stick out perpendicular to the wall) and set the shelves on top of the brackets. I'm sure I could get this stuff - the metal strip stuff, I mean - at Home Depot or something...but WHAT THE HECK IS IT CALLED?

I even asked my dad, and he knew just what I was talking about (he's used it a lot before), but he didn't know the name of it either.

Just go to the shelving section at home depot and it should be there!

Carrie

Where do I find citric acid? I want to try making some bath bombs

citric acid

i found citric acid at my local food co-op....might try that.

I have found citric acid at an Indian grocery store, and with canning supplies at the grocery store or WalMart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads