Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oklahoma....by way of Southern California

Hang-over cure

Well, my step-daddy told me to never go to bed after drinking with out taking one asprin, one vit-b and a tall glass of water...seeing that you missed that...I recommend eating with lots of water to wash it down and a couple of asprin and a vitamin afterwards. Basicly drinking dries you out and kills vitamins...you need to restore the balance. Hope you are feeling better today. jen

2. # ADS

i believe firmly in the restorative power of neon-colored sports drinks. i tend to favor the blue poweraid

Quote Originally Posted by susan*s
    I swear by 2 emergen-c's in water (those little packets of vitamins that fizz and taste like fruit juice). Drink them kind of slowly and then keep sipping water through the morning.
    Oh my how I love emergen-c. Fun and functional. They should make that stuff in pop rock form. I've heard hangover lore about activated charcoal tablets...but how many or when I'm not sure. Has any one heard of this?

Once I was utterly messed, and one of my friends swore that drinking pickle juice cures a hangover. Needless to say he got a carpet fulla pickle puke and what he deserved for the horrible advice.

Quote Originally Posted by FayeTownhall
    Once I was utterly messed, and one of my friends swore that drinking pickle juice cures a hangover. Needless to say he got a carpet fulla pickle puke and what he deserved for the horrible advice.
    f*cking HILARIOUS!

The pickle juice isn't too far off from the truth, actually. Salt will help your body retain water, while alcohol purges it. I think that's why I crave pickles and olives when I'm drunk or hung over.

My favorite morning after breakfast is a multivitamin, a big dill pickle, ham and cheese or bacon and eggs, and a lot of water.

Green tea helps me feel better too, but that might be just because it's refreshing and green and makes me pee a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads