Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Know anything about gaming systems?

Hi!
    I'm not sure if anyone will know this, but I figure it's worth a shot..
    So I'm looking to buy a new video game console, but since there are so many and I haven't played anything since N64, I don't know which is best.
    I would like to be able to play Dance Dance Revolutions, and Zelda and Mario games, which I'm pretty sure are only on nintendo systems. Is the DDR for gamecube any good? Does Wii have DDR? I can't find anywhere selling one. I thought about Playstation and XBox as well, but beyond DDR I don't think there are many games I'd want to play. Does anyone play/have a system you would reccomend? espcially if you play DDR or know it is avaliable for your console. Thanks!

2. # ADS

i know the wii has zelda and mario games.. i dont know off the top of my head if it has DDR but i would think so..

my sister got a wii and im about too .. its so sooooo much fun!!!
    is a very active game system.. just playing the games that come on the system are so fun!! (try the boxing!)

ooh i just googled and did a little looksie... http://wii.ign.com/articles/760/760878p1.html
    looks like its coming out for Wii!

HTH!

i'd recommend the wii. it has all the games you want & it's not super expensive like the ps3. plus, ps & xbox are better if you're looking for games like resident evil & halo or something. but it sounds like you're pretty into the nintendo games.

if you want to go even cheaper just get the gamecube. it still has those games, even the latest zelda. but i think it'd make more sense to just get the wii since you can continue to get new games. plus the remote is cool!

play paper mario!

I have a 360 and I hardly ever play it. I like it because I can play puzzle games like bejewled, old school games like pacman and new games like viva pinata.
    I have not tried it but you can get DDR for the XBOX/Xbox 360.

That said, if you like Nintendo games best then you should get a nintendo.

You should see if you have friends that have the games you want and try them out.

~Q

I think that if you really aren't that much of a gamer the Wii is definitely the way to go, if anything because of the price point:
    Wii = ~$250
    Xbox 360 = ~$400
    PS3 = ~$500

We have the Wii and are passing on the other two because of price and preference for Nintendo titles. I haven't played the PS3 yet, but the Xbox 360 is nice, but since I prefer Mariokart to Halo the Wii is more my style.

Zelda and Mario are both definitely just Nintendo. DDR will (supposedly) be coming out for the Wii this year; also, the Wii can play Gamecube games, so if you just can't wait you can get the Gamecube version :) Given what you're interested in, and the price points, I'd definitely have to say go with a Wii!

If you really wanted something else I'd suggest an Xbox as the alternative...the PS3 is ridiculously overpriced, and you'll essentially just be paying for a Blue-ray drive.

I'm pretty sure you'd be happiest with a Wii though :)

Few years ago, we went Xbox. Graphic. Titles. etc. Kids' friends had Gamecubes, Playstations, etc. Kids bought tons of used games.

Christmas '06, my parents gave them Xbox 360. Not all the games have patches to run on 360. 360 games tend to be $$$.

Video games have been all but forgotten at our house since World of Warcraft online account. Silly mommy not willing to pay for both xbox live and WoW plus digital cable, etc. etc. If they had a Live acct, they'd play waayy more.

Their friends play the 360 more than they do.

Another vote for the Wii. I bought one for my boyfriend and I've been playing it more than he has! Most fun system on which I've ever played.

DDR for GameCube is fun, but there aren't as many songs as the PS2/XBox versions because of the smaller disks.

the wii is the best system out there.. so innovative and fun. but its really really hard to find.

the ps2 would be great if youre going for older DDR style games. im not actually sure if game pads are supported in the wii, haven't tried that yet. it takes old gamecube controllers though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads