Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sun bear
    there was another message board where someone totally yelled at me for buying a book from a used book store as if i were the scum of the earth and now i feel like they are the weird one as lots of people like used books, the library and trading jt
    Wow, I never knew used books were a no-no! Guess I'm pretty naive (or earth-scum) but I practically live in my local used book store. Is this because the author doesn't get royalties? I can see how somewhere like Amazon selling huge volumes of used books could be considered a threat to authors' livelihoods, but still. Does this make libraries the literary equivalent of whorehouses?

Poo indeed.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by sun bear
    there was another message board where someone totally yelled at me for buying a book from a used book store as if i were the scum of the earth and now i feel like they are the weird one as lots of people like used books, the library and trading jt
    I absolutely love 2nd hand book shops. Twice I found rare books I'd been looking for - one retailed for $40 and I bought it for $5.50 and the other was $90 at Borders and I found it selling for $10. Yep - 10 bucks. I think I was high for four days. The downside is I'm beginning to think I'm psychic and I get disappointed if I don't find a book I'm looking for every time I shop 2nd hand :)

How can people not like the second hand book shop? I particularly love the old, 2nd hand, musty smell - I just walk around sucking in air. I love it, love it, love it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads