Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a fear that someone will wax/pluck them too skinny and they will never grow back and I'll be forced to draw them back on with pencil someday
    This happened to me! I always always go to the same woman - she knows that my brows are big, and I like them that way. She shapes and neatens them for me without making them super skinny.

However - I was traveling for work with a super annoying co-worker and the only way I could get him to leave me alone was to tell him I was going to get something waxed. Unfortunately, at the place I found, no one spoke english and that's all I know. There was definitely a communication problem.

I asked her to neaten them, and I left looking like the morning after passing out first at a high-school beer binge. Super slim, high arched, old lady brows. shudder.....

They took about a year to fill back in, and it wasn't pretty - lots of straglers that I had to wax around and leave alone - it was the only way to get them to fill in.

So - my advice is to find someone you trust (my regular woman also cuts my hair - she rocks) and that you feel comfortable enough with to be specific and picky. Then you should be fine...and it really is worth it. You just can't do the same with tweezers.

2. # ADS

I am so fascinated by the brow issue. I have the opposite problem, my brows are clearish-blonde. I have to dye them so they even show, and it's so novel for me to actually have eyebrows that I like them kind of big. I never pluck or wax or reduce them in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirl512
    I have the opposite problem, my brows are clearish-blonde. I have to dye them so they even show
    In our teens, I used to make fun of my (slightly darker) sisters for plucking their eyebrows - I couldn't imagine a more unnecessary waste of time! Then one day years later, I put mascara on my eyebrows just to see what they'd look like dark. To my horror, I discovered I in fact had a unibrow - it was just so colorless I hadn't noticed it (fortunately that means probably no one else had either).

I've started waxing/plucking more regularly in recent years, because I agree that a face just looks neater with shaped eyebrows, no matter what the color (I was skeptical too - but try it and see).

But now - I don't know if this is a recent development, or if I've just started noticing - my eyebrows are two different colors! One's so light I can't see the hairs unless the light's at a certain precise angle, and the other seems very, very dark against my pale skin. I have an appointment in a couple of days to get them waxed, and I'm going nuts trying to avoid plucking the dark one until then. I feel like everyone's staring at it, though realistically I know no one's noticed but me.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrin
    I've started waxing/plucking more regularly in recent years, because I agree that a face just looks neater with shaped eyebrows, no matter what the color (I was skeptical too - but try it and see).
    that's exactly what I think too! I have such white/blond eyebrows people tease me, but I feel so much more put together with groomed brows.

I stopped plucking when Brooke Shields made the natural look popular, and I haven't looked back!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads