Backpack purse quest...Help!!

OK, I'm tearing my hair out and hoping someone has a suggestion.

Since I'm a weakling with a lot of stuff to shlep, a backpack purse has worked best for me so I don't have straps weighing down only 1 shoulder. I had the most perfect backpack purse made by Nine West I got dirt cheap at TJ Maxx about 5 years ago and it finally pooped the bed.

After searching online at ebay, nine west, yahoo, half, my simon, amazon, boscovs, neiman marcus, macys, filene's, ebags, and also just googling, as well as in person at Kohl's, TJ Maxx, Macy's, and Filenes, I have not been able to find anything remotely close to what I'm looking for!

It was a black microfiber backpack with different zippered compartments and a large main compartment tall enough to hold a textbook. I don't want the puffy regular-type backpack straps, I want thinner straps b/c I use it at work and I think it looks more professional.

I'm wicked picky about this for some reason and I'm usually a good bloodhound to find things but this has had me looking for weeks and in the meantime I'm cramming my stuff into a teeny backpack made for herbie the elf.

Any suggestions on shops I haven't thought of? Does anyone have a backpack purse like the one I described - if so, where did you get it?Maybe someone out there makes backpack purses custom?

Yours in purse hell, cf

2. # ADS

Re: Backpack purse quest...Help!!

I got one like that at Target.

hmm, i have one sort of like that, its 9 west, black with red trim. i got it at TJ Maxx, too. i don't know if its big enough for what you are looking for, though. check tj maxxes in your area, they all have different things. marshalls is good, too.

not cheap or microfiber but coach makes a leather backpack purse that looks like it will last a lifetime...it is expensive but it probably could last you many times longer than 5 years, plus I think it looks very professional.

jt

eta if you want to be cheap about it you can get on in NYC chinatown (i'm guessing) but it will probably not be worth schlepping to NYC, as it will be like 40 bucks and at minimum 20 bucks to go if you take that boston to nyc bus (I'm assuming you're near boston with your new england location...plus the use of wicked).

i've also had good luck at tjmaxx and marshalls, but did you try target? I can't recall the whole list

Thanks all for the suggestions.

I tried target.com but I'm realizing that probably going to a target is person should be my next move. Unfortunately there are none super close, but I've been wanting to make a Target run for a while anyway.

I'm also thinking that, the closer it gets to Back to school, the better my chances will be to find what I'm looking for. Honestly I'd love to buy something from a smaller crafty site online but I just haven't found the style I want.

Have you thought of using the bag as a pattern to make another one? If you sew alittle, its not as hard as you think to do. I have a guide to sewing bags if you like. Its tough to loose a good bag, but maybe it was perfect because you got used to it, another type of bag may become your trusted companion. Try thrift.

Thanks for mentionig it. Unfortunately, I tossed the old one out and I don't sew, except occasional buttons.

But I haven't given up finding it yet!

I saw some that are similar to what you described at Ross.

Remove Ads

Ads