Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I just saw "The Man Without a Past" - a best foreign film nominee from two years ago (Finland) - it was great - as was the film that won that year "Nowhere in Africa" (Germany).

2. # ADS

My faves lately are Kill Bill Vol 1 and Vol 2. Rent the first one and then go see the second one. It's sooooo good! I love to see girls kick butt against the bad guys and totally come through...To me, its the ultimate chick flick!

I watched Pieces of April last night--it was great!

I also watched a guilty pleasure, Something's Gotta Give, while I was making jewelry... that was pretty fun!

And the Office season 2 is on its way from Netflix, I'll report back :)

susan

I just saw kill bill vol 2. I hated the first one, I thought it was mysoginistic and disgustingly violent. It was like the sick fantasy of someone who really hates women and wanted to see them violated, turned violent and then killing each other in some weird spree. The 2nd one however had more of a storyline that flowed, rather than just violence upon violence. Also it has a nice summary at the beginning of it where uma summarizes what happened in vol 1 and what's about to happen in vol 2. I actually enjoyed volume 2, I hated volume 1. That of course is just my opinion, but if you do not like violence, do not see #1, if you're ok with a little violence, #2 is not as violent as the first one.

So now you're asking why if I hated the first one so much, why I would bother seeing the 2nd one? b/c someone told me it was not as violent and i thought i might as well b/c it was 4 dollars on tuesday and i thought my b/f could use some cheering up, so i went not expecting anything and it wasn't all that bad

jt

we watched 'the magdelene sisters' last night and i loved it, although it was really upsetting.

the last movie i rented and loved enough that i bought it was 'the sea is watching', a japanese film that takes place in a 19th century brothel. so fantastic. i bawled my eyes out at the end.

--jessie

A few other films I've really enjoyed include Tumbleweeds, Tea with Mussolini, A Mighty Wind, The Third Miracle, Magnolia, Adaptation, Eat,Drink,Man,Woman, and Princess Mononoke.

I love:
    In America- about an Irish family who illegally immigrates to America after their son dies.
    Straight Story- This old guy drives his riding lawnmower across a few states to visit his brother that he hasn't talked with in a long time.
    Bottle Rocket- by the guy who wrote "Rushmore," another rad movie. It's about these guys that rob things & then go on the lam. Strange & funny.

I forgot to mention Mayor of Sunset Strip - it's all about the Los Angeles music scene and the guy who helped make it all happen. also In America!

I finally saw "Igby Goes Down" and "The Good Girl." I really liked them both. Kieran Culkin proved to me where the talent in that family went. And Jennifer Aniston showed that she could not play a character who was Rachel or a spinoff of her, and be pretty good at it.

Although I have to admit, probably a big draw for "The Good Girl" was because I heart Jake Gyllenhaal. Also, he played a guy obsessed with The Catcher in the Rye, and even though I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to like him much, I really did for that reason. That and the Gyllenhaal-ity.

Morgan - I thought "Straight Story" was a great movie too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads