Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bill Clinton's speech at the DNC

Did anyone else catch it last night? I thought he did a superb job! Made me wish he could run again. He really is an excellent politician and a phenomenal public speaker.

I also thought that the speech itself was very well written. It hit on all the right points and stood up to the Republicans without being agressive. I loved the part where he talked about how the nation is paying for his tax cut.

2. # ADS

At the risk of sounding really cheesy, it really made me feel proud to be an American again.

I was inspired, I had chill bumps, and when Hillary finished her speech and introduced him and he came out and they hugged - well, it brought a tear to the eye!

Here's a link if anyone missed it....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...ton-text_x.htm

There were so many fine points, and he really did a good job of illustrating what the tax cuts meant. Like, the richest 1% would only have had to give back $5000 of their tax cut to have funded some of the security initiatives.

It was really really good.
    It was all good I thought. Restored some faith in the party.

Because of the time difference, all I caught are short snippet replays on BBC. Does anyone know if his speech is available online as a Quicktime or something? I love to read, but I love seeing Clinton speak even more. ;)

Just DNC related in general - I am having a blast here in Boston - the city is freaking deserted, the delegates running around with their little nametags are so cute, and we get pretty much 24-7 coverage.

I want to be in Boston.

I was going to watch the Clintons speak last night, but I actually forgot, which is weird, seeing how I'm obsessed with them sometimes. I'm going to save the speech and read it later when I'm not exhausted. Thanks for the link.

I watched all the speeches last night and thaought they were all really great. Clinton is just an amazing public speaker. But it was Jimmy Carter's speech that affected me the most. I mean, Jimmy Carter! I felt like Bush was making my grandfather cry or something. It is sort of hard to explain, I guess. I've only seen one night of the convention so far, but it is really making me more optomistic.

Now I must go brave the rain to see Kerry speak on the Rocky steps. And I'm excited for all the speeches tonight too.

I hate I missed Jimmy Carter. Who could not have the utmost respect for that man? (Oh - that's right, I know who!) He can still criticise in the nicest way, can't he?! (I saw a wee snippet on the Today show.)

I watched the speeches made by Al Gore (he had a great speech writer!), President Carter, and President Clinton, and I thought that they were all amazing. I am looking forward to seeing Kerry speak as well.

here's a link from NPR for the audio of bill's speech:

http://www.npr.org/features/feature.php?wfId=3621101

i haven't dug up a video link yet.

amygdala, jimmy carter really, really got to me, too. he and my dad kind of look alike & he was the first president i was really aware of so he's very dear to my heart. what a fine person. i missed the other speeches, but i'm so glad i saw jimmy.

can't WAIT to see barack obama tonight. makes me proud to be a chicagoan!

eta:
    here's an msnbc link for videos of all the major speeches:

http://www.msnbc.com/modules/interac...fmt=full&cp1=1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads