Get Crafties Get Together?

Miss Quornflour just left for home from a whirlwind 3 day visit at Chez Bessie. A great sport with Kid Kulture for the boys. Tortured with Kid Poetry Slams ("Spring reveals dog fudge" and "Saturday comes in a cardboard box"), Middle School string orchestra concerts (a cello solo should not run on for 7 movements!), a messy house, and insecure labrador. We miss her already.

Do any other Get Crafties Get Together?To craft? Visit?

2. # ADS

I've never met anyone in real life, but I think it would be a blast.

I've never found anyone in my neck of the woods via the craft up forum though. Anyone want to come visit?

I've gotten together with many Getcrafty ladies and consider them dear friends. Most of them are from the "old" Getcrafty though and don't post here anymore, but we stay connected over on Livejournal. In fact, I just had a great time last month in LA visiting with two old school Getcrafty ladies.

I've met up with a few (also mostly old school Get Crafty). One, who I probably really met first at Craftster, turned out to be a psycho nutcase. I think I shared that story before. She seems to have disappered, thankfully.

When I moved to Miami a few months ago, I started a thread here looking for people. I found one person who saw my post the first day she ever visited GC. Now we have a little business venture we're planning together! Yayee Get Crafty!

Are there any of y'all in seattle?
    Or want to get together while I am in NY next week... I am always game for meeting people...
    ~Q

I've met appleseeds and melimade both briefly via Crafting Out Loud, but I live too far afield from the city to have regular shindigs, unfortunately.

I envy anyone who gets to spend days with Quornflour, keen chick that she is.

I never have but would like to someday.

I haven't yet but would really enjoy it.

Back in the days of the "old" getcrafty I had a dream one night about this huge get-together of getcrafty folks and had a blast seeing what folks looked like and people brought their favorite creations to show off.

Remove Ads

Ads