ING Checking Account?

Does anyone use the ING checking account? I have the savings account, and was doing my checking through my local credit union, but they changed a policy on account transfers that kind of ruins my system so I'm looking into other options. The ING checking account seems like a good idea except it has no paper checks and the ATMs aren't in the most convenient locations for me, so I'd probably keep my old checking account for that. I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the all electronic system.

Thanks!

2. # ADS

I'm not sure you even need to keep the local account - it's easy enough to get cash back when making other purchases. And really, who writes paper checks anymore? I only ever do my rent check, and I could just as easily pay that with online checks.

Less accounts = less accounting, even if it is fun to play with numbers.... :)

The only thing that made me hesitate from signing up was that I sometimes write paper checks for gifts.

Most major credit cards have gift cards available... no more gift checks :)

But I still need to keep the current account to deposit paper checks - you can't directly deposit paper checks into the ING account, right?

if i remember correctly, i think you can mail in checks to ING for deposit, but there's no way to direct deposit paper checks.

Quote Originally Posted by quornflour
    Most major credit cards have gift cards available... no more gift checks :)
    Plus, as my Grandma's friend finally figured out, you never have to wait for that lazy recipient (aka me) to get around to cashing the check!

I opened up the account because for high balances it has a better interest rate than the savings account does anyway. I still think I will keep my regular credit union account for deposits and ATM though. Thanks everyone!

Electronic wallets are the future of online payments. Thanks to the user-friendly interface, users and merchants can easily get acquainted with e-wallets, more details here https://askwallet.io/pleo . The fundamental difference between electronic wallets and banks is their flexibility and striving for the development of payment technologies. In fact, why would a mortgage bank care about technology when it gets its 100% interest from borrowers?

Remove Ads

Ads