Thread: just a wee rant

just a wee rant

ever get that moment in life when you're with your friends and it hits you...they all are either married, engaged, in relationships, or have a boytoy...and do you ever hear endless cutesy-wootsy stories about how their men spoil them...and do you ever start to think, 'hey, enough already! you have an amazing relationship, i dont, I GET IT!!'

im a student in college, who would really like to just focus on her studies, but i can't help feeling really lonely every once in a while, and these rants and raves about how amazing this guy is or that guy is, is VERY annoying.

please excuse my rant...i just get a little flustered when i feel like im the only person on the planet thats still single...

anyone ever feel that way?[/i]

2. # ADS

yes. constantly.

about two weeks ago, a friend and i went out to dinner. we hadn't seen each other in a while. she has not been herself the past few weeks, and i thought we could go out and have fun.

well, i got chewed out!!! know why? because i don't like the guy that she is in love with......
    and you know why i don't like him? because all i have ever heard from her is what an idiot he is!!!

apparently, he is great. even though he doesn't like her and cannot give her what she wants.....i never hear the cootsy wootsy stories, i just hear the assanine things that he has done.....

i don't understand how it is that people are so obsessed about being in relationships. especially if they are miserable. in this instance, there is no relationship and never was, but for some reason my friend is imagining that there is/was.....

when i look around and see some of the couples that are together, i have to admit i wonder how they are together, what they see in each other and how it doesn't happen to me.

i highly recommend the Matt Groening "Love is Hell" book. read it as frequently as necessary. also, remember that you probably acted like just as much of a dipshit last time you were in love.

i know i did and it makes me CRINGE

I am child free and sometimes I have moments where all I hear about are friends stories about kids or pregnancy. It makes me want to scream "I don't care! I just don't care about your kids/babies to be!" But I bite my tongue and listen.

i know, doesnt it just drive you nuts that sometimes you just want to scream "alright! shut up!"

but it happens to everyone and we all just have to grin and bear it...but its better to let it out eventually when it wont harm anyone ;)

Remove Ads

Ads