Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

weight problems?

i know this is an issue that plagues a lot of women, but i just want to hear some stories about people's successes or hurdles about overcoming their battle with weight.

mehbeh some tips or encouraging words for fellow dieters or exercisers? they would always be welcomed!

2. # ADS

Well.. Prebaby.. I could eat whatever I wanted and stayed within my healthy weight range.. haha.. post baby I''m about 15 lbs overweight and am the healthiest person alive(no seriously people I am!!), yet the weight is barely coming off. I guess I shouldn''t have gained 55 pounds during my pregnancy haha...
    the best advice I can give.. or what had helped me so far is.. changing all of my carbs over to healthy carbs.. such as whole grains..fruits.. veggies etc... My doctor says " Brittany, it took you almost a year to gain all that weight.. it''s going to take awhile to get it all off!"... So I guess we''ll see.. 15 pounds is going to seem like an eternity!

I gained tons of weight teaching preschool because we had to eat family-style meals (which is a great teaching tool, but horrible for your body... school food... ugh). Last year I found sparkpeople.com. The people there are amazing and supportive and I've lost sixteen pounds this summer.

I was about 15 lbs overweight and I lost about 2 lbs per week, eating between 1000 and 1300 calories per day. And I only worked out about 3 times per week, for one hour. You don't have to be extremely active.

The thing that worked great for me was Weight Watchers. I didnt buy the food. I could never afford it. I just followed the plan and learned how to eat differently. I lost 40 lbs. in six months and have kept it off for a year so far. It's not hard at all but it does require some discipline and exercise.

As someone coming off a really terrible approach to dieting (borderline eating disorder), I want to point out a few IMPORTANT things.

Your body is smarter than you think. When you start restricting calories, your body has a gut-reaction (literally) and causes you to have urges to overeat all the time. Don''t believe me? Read this article in TIME magazine: http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...650860,00.html

Basically, it can seriously mess with your psychology to restrict calories to less than 1500 a day.

Low-fat foods are also extremely deceptive. While it may seem as though a non-fat food item is equal and superior to its fatty friend in every way, it''s often full of terrible chemicals that will mess with your digestion and cause your body to gain wait rather than to lose it. What really causes you to gain wait is not fat, but rather excess carbohydrates which prevent fat from being burned. More often than not, low fat sugar-free and non fat foods are chock full of this sort of thing, so always check the ingredients of everything you eat.

A personal story: I was really into eating "light and fit" yogurts (no fat, 60 calories, sugar free) for breakfast for a while. Then I looked at the ingredients. It was full of corn syrup, gelatin, modified starches, and sorts of other things I knew I shouldn''t be eating.

Ladies--don''t let the hype fool you. You can be beautiful and healthy at any weight.

I lost 30 lbs using the website Sparkpeople. It's a free site that provides tools for tracking calories and exercise, as well as a LOT of support in the form of informative articles, encouragement, emails (if you want them), forums, and communities. I changed my eating habits to be VERY healthy, and I found that the website was very helpful in keeping me accountable and giving me good information.

Check it out!

I lost 10 lbs in one month...

Hello,
    I've been struggling with weight issue since I had kids. I am 34 years old and I store fat around my belly. People would ask if I was pregnant. See, I am 5'5" tall and I used to weight 162 lbs month ago. When I saw some ads about Alli (orlistat by the counter - fda aproved) I wanted to try. Once at the grocerie store, a guy was standing by the aisle when he saw me looking at the bottles. He pointed out to bowel problems that the medicine gives to you if eat too much fat. I cut sugars, I avoid fat as much as I can and I started to take http://myalli.com I am trying to follow their plan. You can't eat more than 15 gr of fat each meal and I am allowed to eat 1400 calories a day. It seems crazy to be watching what I eat, but that's how I lost 10 lbs in one month. I don't exercise. My kids take all my energy and yes, it's not an excuse, exercising is healthy. I am not sure if the medicine did a lot to my body or if was because I cut few things...I still have cravings and some days I just forget it and will eat 2 slices of bred. Haha! I love bred. My goal is 145 lbs. Pretty soon!!!! And no, I did not have to rush to the bathroom, because I don't eat too much fat. I never did before, so this plan is not difficult for me.
    Try mustard, grilled food (sea food), rye bred, fat free, look at the food labels. It's working for me so far.
    Xo.
    PS. my mother language is portuguese.

thank you guys so much for responding! i really appreciate all your help. and pixieblossoms, your english is grand!

thank you guys so much for responding! i really appreciate all your help. and pixieblossoms, your english is grand!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads