Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick of Winter

Sick of Winter

Seriously. I am so sick of this winter. Besides all sorts of awful personal, professional, and health problems we've had over 80 inches since Dec. 1st (that's almost three times what we normally get). It seems like it snows at least a few inches every few days. We don't even bother shoveling anymore if it's less than 6 inches.

Tips? Fellow bellyachers? Stories of the tropical locale you live in?

2. # ADS

I'm a fellow bellyacher.

I just moved to Chicago in December. Great time to move, eh? I'm originally from the southwest, but I did make a three-year stop in the DC area. I'd like to say it helped me to adjust to winter, but I think I'd be lying.

There's something so wrong with a southwestern woman who finds herself thinking it's warm out when the mercury hits a mere 40F.

Just another bellyacher. We have had 12+ winter weather events in KC this winter and almost all of them have been on the weekend. The poor guys that plow the roads haven't had a real weekend in months. Normally it would be in the mid 40's for us by now and it is still in the single digits and teens overnight and barely in the thirties during the day. I'm so sick of winter that I'm tired of wearing my new sweaters! I don't know how you northerners handle it! Anyway, I wish us all perseverance and a break in the weather. Take care and keep warm!

I hate winter too, but I have definitely experienced a different type of it than you have. The temperature has only dipped below freezing 2-3 times this winter here (Texas). It has been in the 40's and rainy all week and I am tired of it - mostly because it was in the mid 70's last week and I started wearing t-shirts again and got spoiled from that!
    I can honestly say I have never seen REAL snow - I have seen slushy crap that happens in Dallas once a year or so, but nothing real.
    I think I might die if I were forced to move to a place that had snow - I do not own a real coat!

This winter is making me tired. I like to enjoy each season as it comes, but this is too much. I've got cabin fever in a bad way- I want to wear summer dresses and feel green grass again!

I completely agree, kitchensqueen. I find myself worn out, and so often it's just because it's so GREY. Grey air, grey snow, grey sidewalks, grey attitudes!

It's time for spring, damnit!

-9 right now! I think I finally wore out my trusty long johns this winter!

The static electricity is downright dangerous right now.

winter here has been ridiculous... we've barely had a dusting, which is unheard of, and the weather has been erratic as hell. bitter cold one day, 60F the next, biblical downpours the day after that... GROSS!

my partner and i just spent a weekend in costa rica to get away from it all. it was such a relief.

I'm so sick of winter too. January was full of -2, -5, -8 temperatures. February is warmer but it still is snowy, sleety, rainy, cloudy.

Will spring every get here?

Being Canadian with celcius (our 0 is your 30), and seeing you guys talk about -8 (still thinking that it's celcius) makes me think your all wimps! I kid, that's pretty cold
    But a tropical story? Well, in 3 weeks, I'll be off to Vegas, away from the mucky transition from winter to spring. Finally, and excuse to wear shorts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads