+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do you wear second hand clothing?

I prefer second-hand clothing because I can find unique looks and I think it's important to reuse as much as possible and not be a rampant consumer. I do, however, purchase all of my underwear new-- there has to be line!

2. # ADS

I definitely wear second-hand clothes, usually from rummage sales, where there are many to choose from in various sizes. So cheap, and you can find unusual stuff that you would not even find in a store!...

I'm not opposed to second hand clothing, but I have a hard time finding professional clothing that fits me in thrift stores. Broad shoulders and long legs are a hard combo. Generally, if I find something that fits, it's in poor shape or really out of date.

It's frustrating, to say the least.

I prefer used clothing over new any time, because even when you try it on in the store, you don't know what will happen when its washed. Some thrift stores will either let you try it on, or return it in a few days. But even if you can't return it and it doesn't fit, the buttons,zippers, pockets, etc can be used later.

Vintage or second hand, I'm happy to wear it. If it fits, looks good and is in a good condition, then I'll buy it.

thrifts

I'm not opposed to second hand clothing, but I have a hard time finding professional clothing that fits me in thrift stores.
    Thank you! I am tiny, and i know I am size people grow out of and not into, but it is still very hard to find clothing (esp pants), not only at the thrift.

Quote Originally Posted by mele
    I prefer used clothing over new any time, because even when you try it on in the store, you don't know what will happen when its washed.
    I find a lot of stuff that seems to be thrown out because it has shrunken. And they often don't look like the cheapest clothes.

I am tiny too and a lot of these shrunken L's fit me just fine. I also find pants occasionally. I have a hard time finding affordable pants my size retail, they're usually too large, that's why I prefer to take whatever I can get for free. If I have to make them fit and ruin it there's no harm done.

Maybe it's because people with difficult sizes keep their clothes longer they are harder to find in thriftshops.

I love thrift shopping! There is a really great one near where I live in SWFL. I am there AT LEAST once a week, usually twice if I can manage it so I can catch the 50% off on Sunday :) I have had THE best luck finding items for me, my partner and for resale. I've been 'thrifting' since I was a freshman in high school...so for at least 12 years. My friend and I used to get those oh-so-fasionable old man cardigans and plaid pants :)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSapphireMoon
    My friend and I used to get those oh-so-fasionable old man cardigans and plaid pants :)
    ha! i used to LIVE in those. it's been a little longer than 12 years but i STILL can't bear to part with the 1974 tan mc donalds employee cardigan plain all for the logo in the knit on the pockets. haven't worn it in probably at least 12 years itself - it's THAT hard to give up!

Of course! I can''t stand going out to proper shops and spending money I know I shouldn''t be spending on clothes. Buffalo Exchange is my fave!

Ads