i need bodies on thursday. in honor of glitter! and ellen!

I posted this in "craft up", but i don't think anyone saw it...and i'm on a mission!!...

Hola, my crafty sistahfriends!!

I'm writing to you to see if you or any of your posse would be interested in joining me in standing up in the name of sparkle in front of Ellen DeGeneres' Burbank studio this Thursday afternoon, March 13th.

Ellen wants all glitter banned!

I LOVE Ellen and was heartbroken when she started dissing glitter on her show because it is messy and gets everywhere. She even went on a jumbotron on Hillary Clinton's press rally and asked if she would ban glitter if Hills became our next Prez. I've blogged about it and sent letters to her explaining all the different kinds of glitters.

I want us crafters to educate Ellen and let her know about the many "safe sparkle" alternatives out there. We could help her choose the right glitter for her, so she will stop judging all glitter the same. It is LOOSE glitter she hates, so her fans need to know to send her other kinds of sparkle. Ellen is a sparkling chica, she deserves glitter that suits her!

OK...I know glitter won't be banned, but I thought it would be fun if all of us crafters stepped up with "safe sparkle" alternatives.

have the power of Duncan Enterprises (Duncancrafts.com) behind me, we are all driving down there with signs and samples of non-messy glitter to show the public and ELLEN. We are sending out press releases to all the major news outlets.

I think Ellen would get a kick out of it and maybe even come outside to meet us!

So, basically, I'm in need of more bodies to join me! Interested??

Mucha gracias (holds scissors over heart in respect)!

Kathy :-)
    P.S. Please email me at kathyATcraftychicaDOTcom for details if you are seriously interested in joining us! Please pass this on!

PEACE, LOVE, & GLITTER!!

2. # ADS

Absolutely no offense to you, but I hate glitter too - I love sparkly things, but I hate that if you use glitter in your home ONCE, it is there for the rest of all eternity! It gets on your face, in your clothes, in your hair, etc etc!

Good luck with your quest though... we all need something to fight for!

I love glitter. I even sort of love how it gets all over everything, because it makes the whole world sparkly and pretty. Sadly, I'm stuck in the land of the frozen tundra, though, so I couldn't make it to your protest. I hope it went well, though!

Please let us know how this went!!!! Wish I could have helped.

we actually postponed it - now it is tuesday, april 8th - as in tomorrow!

same place and time!

So how did it go?!

I was just neatening my craft table when I found that glittery bag of frida kahlo that I made at your booth at cha. It was so great to meet you and your husband and put a face to the name that I see on the message boards :)

jt

Remove Ads

Ads