Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

why some women don't have bags?

I am just curious, why some women don't like to carry bags. I personally have a huge bag where I carry cosmetics,notebook,keys...Where do you carry your things?

2. # ADS

response can be very easy:or because they have cars; many pockets or have helpers (boyfriend/husband) I don't take my bag when i go shopping, because my boyfriend takes his bag :D

Well, I really have a bad relationship with bags, though it's getting better with progressing age... (my clubbing days are over) And I don't have a car and my BF couldn't care less to carry my things (in his pockets!). I'd think life would be easier if I HAD a car to carry my bag in!

A bag must not disturb me in any way or limit me in my movements. Imagine this: you're going out in that great outfit. The only elegant way to carry a bag or purse with it is in your hand or hanging from one shoulder, right? But what do you do if you want to go dancing? It will fall off your shoulder and you don't want to hold something in your hand, right? So do you leave it at the bar? What if all your friends want to go dancing too? No way! So I ended up sometimes putting the shoulder bag across my shoulder... the strap cutting my front part in two bits... imagine the sight? You might as well forget that great dress and just go out in jeans and T-shirt. So I wonder how other girls do that? I ended up sitting on my multi pocketed coat with everything in it and developed a preference for bars over dance clubbing anyway.
    Then comes the traveling part. Do realize this is the account of a Dutch girl, Holland is a country where it's still possible to live without a car and the bicycle is a common way of transport. Not talking about party purses here, but practical bags for example for work. I've hung handbags or tote bags from the handlebars of my bicycle. If they're just the wrong model or too large I kick them with my foot or knee while riding. Drives me crazy. Switched to shoulder bag carried across. But while riding it always 'falls' forward to the front. Drives me nuts too! So I switched to an elegant back pack with slings under both arms. It seemed to be a great solution, but after a few years I started developing brown spots under my armpits. It tooks years before they faded, now I have white marks. Scars for life.
    Now I have a the new type of back pack with only one broad sling across, not going under my armpits. It's supposed to stay put but riding my bike it does not (though better than a normal shoulder bag would). So I usually carry it in a large shopping bag with hooks (because I need that for grocery shopping on the way back home anyway) that I can hang from the luggage carrier of my bike... But that somehow jumped off once and I almost lost everything!
    So yeah, it puzzles ME why women are so fond of bags! Though somehow coming to terms with them, I still stuff whatever I can in my pockets. My current bag has one cool feature: it has a cell phone pocket at the front of the sling. That's where I put my keys when it's too hot to wear a jacket.

Pockets do work best, but they too can constrict your bike riding. They make bike luggage that can be attached to the frame, similar to motorcyclde. Dancing is another problem. If you have pockets numerous enough for all stuff, you have a lot of unusual 'jiggling'. Belt loops can hold some keys, but not cell phones or wallet.

ooooh, this question seems to be very thoughtful (( i wish i could have "something" small but spacious to carry alllllllll my things :D Hm,maybe we could invent something.Any ideas?

i used to carry a huge bag because i wanted everything on hand, for the "just in case" moments.
    now i just carry whatever is absolutely nessessary in my little adidas clutch; cream foundation, eyeliner, cellfone, ipodtouch, money&cards, & keys (& sometimes cigarettes).
    i think more women need a more taoist approach to the purse. simplicity is a virtue.

"i used to carry a huge bag because i wanted everything on hand, for the "just in case" moments. "

Well said! That's why my bag is always so heavy!!!!Eureka!!!

i never carry cosmetics with me, only lip balm and some money. so usually i can get away with just putting my stuff in my pocket. if i do have a bag, it has to go over my shoulder, cause i will forget anything that's not attached to me. ;)

yes, i carry a bag but i would love it if i didn't have to. i would feel more free when walking around and being on the go. sometimes i carry so much stuff around my bag digs into my shoulders and can be uncomfortable! or if it is so hot out, it just makes you sweatier! but i don't usually wear clothing with enough pockets to enable me to carry around everything i need at once time! so, bags it is...

I like to take a huge bag, but everythig I put there can be in a small bag to.
    Just like it HUGE.....yesssss!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads