Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Astrid
  • 1 Post By CrafteronaBudget

Thread: The Seventies, in or out?

The Seventies, in or out?

Inspired by an old piece of curtain I still had I decided to put colour in my bathroom using some more elements of that 'horrible' style period -without painting the walls in orange :)
    What are the seventies to you? Were you glad when a few years ago bell bottoms and low waists were back in fashion? Or a page in history to never open anymore?
    I think taken out of their context some elements of the most ugly styles can add quirky but tastefull accents to an interior and I love to play with them. Read the full blog post and see the pictures of my bathroom here:

http://trashcollector.blogspot.com/2...-bathroom.html

What do you think?

2. # ADS

I think the oldies never goes out of style. We always use them from time to time. Really cool stuff you got. Keep it up!

I love the 70's. I like the simplistic styles and patterns. Also the quality back then was so much better than anything put out today!! We had a store in town (now closed due to the economy) called Recycle. It had the best stuff lots of old trimmings from the 70's. It was awesome!! I loved it! Although I do have to say I was never a fan of shag rugs....

Thanks for posting!!
    Cheers
    Lexy

Thanks for taking the time to react, deb7845 and JTyler. I agree about the quality thing. The growing amount of real rubbish we see on the curbs proves things aren't made to last anymore.

What doesn't appeal to me from the seventies is that free-form crafty style they had in macrame and crochet; read more here:

http://trashcollector.blogspot.com/2...s-crochet.html

Oh those colors! What would the 70s be without avocado green or harvest gold? I remember these hues were EVERYwhere in the 70s. I still have the "How to Sew" and "Reader's Digest Needlework" books my mother gave me in 73 & 74; the poses of the models especially are a riot.

I'd much rather have the 70s be in than the 80s! The 80s give me the heebie jeebies! And...since Scooby Doo was made around that time ('69-'76) I have to say it's ok with me! Plus I honestly like a lot of the fashion!
    mrs_stroozi likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads