Thread: poetry

poetry

does anyone write poetry? if so what about, or whats your motivation? what kind of style do you like to write in?

i dont write that often but when i do its really emotional and kind of depressing. but i like to anyway :) . . . i like poetry written as a stream of consciousness. . . whatever its called. like allen ginsberg (below)

From Howl
    "...who wandered around and around at midnight in the railroad yard wondering where to go, and went, leaving no
    broken hearts,

who lit cigarettes in boxcars boxcars boxcars racketing through snow toward lonesome farms in grand- father night,

who studied Plotinus Poe St. John of the Cross telep- athy and bop kabbalah because the cosmos in- stinctively
    vibrated at their feet in Kansas..."

2. # ADS

*raises hand zealously* I DO I DO I DO!!!

I just got a poem published online at Stirring for the second month in a row, so I'm HIGH on poetry. My poem is called "The Socratic Method" if you want to read it. And if you write, you should submit!

I write in anything that really hits me, if that makes sense. In a perfect world, I could write whatever I wanted, but most people (except for maybe the beats and the suicides, which i'm neither) don't agree with that. And with the influx of Billy Collins type of poetry, I'm just teetering on the edge of puke.

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by soapandwater
    *raises hand zealously* I DO I DO I DO!!!
    Ooohhh. I love Girls Unsmiling. Well done.

Remove Ads

Ads