Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Katrin I'd like to add a couple paragraphs to your letter to the customer.

Please don't make me ask what size drink you want. You order drinks here every single day and you know very well that I can't ring in any part of a 1/2 decaf, triple, 4 pumps vanilla, 3 pumps hazelnut, nonfat, extra hot, no foam, latte, until I know the f'ing size!

No, I didn't forget to put a sleeve on that drink. You don't get one unless you order something that is actually hot, not your freaking bathwater hot chocolate. It will not burn your poor little hand. If you can take a big gulp while demanding an extra piece of cardboard landfill waste IT IS NOT TOO HOT TO HOLD! Oh yeah, and thanks for waiting until I have both of my hands full to ask.

Thanks for treating me like a child every single day. It makes it that much easier for me to keep up my fake smile and enjoy the reek of old milk and sugar syrup that has become my signature fragrance because I decided to serve assholes like you. Thank you.

2. # ADS

Love these stories. I know I posted this back on the old glitter, but I want to work just one day at a retail job where I can tell the rude customers where to put it. Just today one of my classmates told me where I can do that. He works as needed for a leather merchant. The guy deals in leather products and as raw material. A lot of bikers buy from him. He says I can absolutely tell the customer where to put it, that they do it all the time.

Some lady asked him why her chaps were so expensive and he told her it's because they had to kill three f'ing cows to cover her huge ass.

lol

WHAHAHA that is a good one! My boyfriend is like that too, that is why he sucked at sales. LOL
    I work as a secretary and that has its lows as well. One of colleagues had a problem with her boss (this was years ago) because she was of the opinion that cutting his nasal hairs was not part of her job description.

I do kinky phone sex and get all sorts of pranks. Here's a few choice ones:

-when guys try to haggle on the price. Like I'm a flea market item or something!

-when guys try to use credit cards in their wives or fiances names

-when they get pissed it costs so much and then press the number keys to make a loud noise in my ear

Here's some that happen when I'm on a paid call

-the guy puts the phone down so he can answer his cell and proceeds to chat with his wife for several minutes

-the guy who bitches incessently about how expensive it is to talk during the paid call, why spend the money to bitch about spending the money??

I was in retail for way to long...

At the Bookstore I worked at people would get upset when:

we didn't have their 50 year old out-of-print book,
    the book jacket was shelf worn and a little scuffed, "S'cuse me do you have another in the back?",
    or the best, I had on more than one occasion had a customer ask if they could photocopy the page they needed (Go to the Library!).

At the Art Store I worked at people were just down right rude, Here are some of the fun things they would do:

throw their credit card/cash at me across the counter,
    at closing when I was at the door letting the last customers out I have had people from outside yank the door out of my hand and rush me to get in after we were already closed,
    i have watched/caught shop lifters try to steal all sorts of things,
    half empty/half eaten food left on shelves,
    i could go on and on...

I was so happy when I quit that job!

As a secretary I run into rude people sometimes, but mostly it is those people who don't listen, and then get irriated with me because they weren't listening and I give them the condensed version.

That phone sex thing must be a strange job, especially with those guys talking to their wives/g-friends on their cell phones.

Ah, retail. After having my share of jobs I try to always be nice to the retail workers.

I was a cashier at a food restaurant at a NM ski valley. It's state law that a customer has to buy food with alcohol(in restaurants). They sold little bottles of beer there. A customer had to buy one food item for each tiny bottle of alcohol, a cheap candy bar would do. Several signs explained this yet customers still yelled at me over it. They yelled more when I wouldn't ignore the rule. (if I got caught I would have been fined not the restaurant so no way was I about to do that) Nothing like a grown man whining about having to buy a candy bar to get a beer...

Yeah, the phone sex job is a weird one. I love working at home though-it's the best part. The other day a guy was talking to me and doing his dishes. Clank, clank, clank, it was quite noisy...and weird.

Nah, you just think he was doing his dishes!

I worked for a leasing company for a while, and we got some interesting reposessions.. this was actually a national bank that no longer did leases on things like travel trailers, fifth wheels, or regular trailer homes, but had some left over from bank acquisitions.

Me: Thank you for calling X bank, how may I....

Her: (sounding drunk) Someone stole my trailer, I just wanted to let you know.

Me: Um, okay. I can note that on your lease record. *looks up lease record. Hasn't paid in 90 days. It wasn't stolen. Figures amusement is going to follow, waits to hear story*

Her: I just got out of prison, I was there for three months for (don't remember why) and I came back and my trailer was gone. I gave money to my friend Johnny and he was supposed to pay, so it wasn't repossessed. So I called the police, and filed a report, and I just wanted you to know.

Me: Well, ma'am, there haven't been any payments made in the last 90 days...

Her: *various curses, towards me, Johnny, God, and who knows else* well how can I get my things back? You banks are all alike! Stealin' from everybody. I'm gonna sue you! You and your bank! Stealin' from me! I paid my lease! (lease reflects otherwise, previously too)

Me: Well, ma'am, I can connect you with collections...

Her: You do that, well I... *click*

And there were so many other calls, even more....noteworthy. But the trailer-repossessed-while-in-prison story was probably my favorite. Moral? Don't take a long vacation without putting things on auto pay.

I used to work for a sign company and we ordered the wall plaques for one of the larger local churches. Once, the order got delayed on the supplier's end, and I called the guy from the church (the assistant pastor, I think) who'd ordered them to explain the situation. I said, "This is Michelle from X Sign Center, and.." and he just went into a tirade, before I could even tell him the deal. He said, and I am quoting directly

"Jesus Christ, how long does it take to make a few wall signs?!"

I thought it was hilarious and just depressing at the same time, because if this man is supposed to be some kind of shining example of Christianity, then he failed miserably. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads