Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rant:Customers that just get to you

I am so sick of our clientel.
    Today is the last straw,I am leaving.
    I refused to be treated like less than the lady that I am.
    I refuse to have people cut me off when I answer the phone and greet them.
    I refuse to hear 'let me have' instead of 'can you transfer me to' one more time today.
    I refuse to let the customers stare me down while I take their payment.
    I refuse to look appologetic when they tell me how expensive this and that is as if it is my fault and they are forced to have any kind of work done.
    The end.

2. # ADS

Oh I hear you, DeborahM. When you start to realize that these jerks are probably just like your nice neighbors or your friends it really stings.

I am so over acting like 'the customer is always right!' No way, if you call and I tell you one thing and you come in and say "the girl told me something else" I'll call you on it right there. Not being nasty, but not taking the blame because you are an idiot. Customers just want to be right even when they are so effin wrong.

It was like that when I had more responsible and high paying career positions, too. Just a more tactful brand of jerk. At least there I could document everything. People still lied, still were rude, still screwed things up and tried to shift the blame.

Now, I'm thinking, "I may be making minimum wage but at least I'm not an a*hole like you, lady." What I actually say is more like, "Perhaps there was a miscommunication, but we provided the best service we could given the information you gave."

I read a bumpersticker once that said "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog." That is so true, there are so many rude people out there...sorry you have to deal with them in such an in your face manner. I hope your situation improves!
    jt

Thanks for listening ladies!
    I feel better today.
    I just get tired of people who drive $50g-$70g cars and complain about a $100 service that they asked for.Granted some repairs are upwards of $1,000 but hello,they need and authorized it,whos fault is that?
    No one is forcing them to come here.
    Their complaints are more in a tone of 'I don't have time for this petty stuff,I am important,I have an expensive car and your taking my payment so you probably don't drive one'...Its such a battlefield somtimes.

They don't know me.I don't care to know them and their pompus attitudes iether.

I think they are un happy people who rely on impressing others with material goods to make themselves feel better.

I'm not impressed.

Rude people do serve the purpose of reminding me to be sincerely nice and patient!

mean people suck, through and through.

i hope your situation gets a bit better :)

Dear Customer:

Please don't hold the illusion that, when you wait until after I've rung up your order and my till's screen tells me the amount of your change, your deciding to give me an extra quarter on top of that odd number will make it "easier" for me to give you a nice even amount of money back.

Yes, I am an adult. I have a college degree. I am capable of counting and making change without a computer's help. However, there is a line of twenty people behind you, and it's my job to serve all of them as fast as I can. I can't close my till until I've given you the correct change, and once it's closed, I can't open it until the next person pays me. It also happens to be six o'clock in the morning, and I have not had time to have my coffee yet because I'm too busy getting yours.

Just take the damn change I give you. Don't like a bunch of extra dimes and pennies weighing down your pocket? Here's an idea—throw them in the tip jar. You can afford to buy a $4 coffee drink from me twice a day; it's not that big a hardship.

Thank you and have a good day,
    Your Cheerful Barista.

katrin, your post made me laugh. hope things get better.

roxy, who can barely afford a $1 coffee, let alone a $4 one...

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear youhad to go through that!

I can relate. I used to be the traffic court appeals clerk back in the day. The angry defendants would come out of the courtroom, pissed because they just lost their case, they come to me to appeal and I had to give them the good news that appealing will cost them 10 bucks!

I let them vent and then I told them I felt sorry for them and that I understood, but it wasn't my fault. I also told them (in a whisper of course) that appealing for a traffic ticket was worthless, I had never seen one win! That usually calmed them down a bit.

It's like you have to stand there and watch them go through the 7 stages of anger right in front of your face! I ended up quitting for a lower paying job at an ad agency. i was poor but i liked it so much better!

I hope things get better, hang in there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Katrin
    Dear Customer:

Just take the damn change I give you. Don't like a bunch of extra dimes and pennies weighing down your pocket? Here's an idea—throw them in the tip jar. You can afford to buy a $4 coffee drink from me twice a day; it's not that big a hardship.

Thank you and have a good day,
    Your Cheerful Barista.
    I just wanted to ell you that when I treat myself to a $3 coffee I tip $1 + the change...correct or not. :)

Huggs for the crap that we go thru.I feel ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads