View Poll Results: What should I do?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • get a ring? (Not an engagement ring, just a present)

4 28.57%
  • get laser hair removal? (On my pits and snatch)

10 71.43%

Thread: ring or laser?

ring or laser?

The boy and I came into some money from selling some of our junk before we moved. We want to split the money, but he hasn't decided what he wants yet. He wants a new laptop but doesn't know which one. So we decided that I could use the money, and he could use the next lump sum that we come into.

2. # ADS

I'd lose a ring, but the beauty of smooth armpits and a tidy bikini line will last a lifetime (or at least many years). I have been wanting laser forever, if you end up getting it please share your experience (if you don't mind).

Hate to be the practical bitch, but...

If either of you have credit card debt, use this to pay it down. If not, good for you! Put the money away. Start a retirement plan, use it to start your emergency fund, put it in a CD for 5 years and then you'll have something to use towards a house down payment.

Jewelry is pretty, but the markup is ridiculous. Plus -- sorry for getting all feng shui, but -- if you create a void, something will come to fill it. So by not putting your own ring on today, you'll leave space for an engagement ring when you both are ready. (If you're moving together, seems like that might be an eventual thing...)

And laser removal? I guess since you're in So Cal you're more likely to be wearing tanks or swim suits, but is shaving really that hard for you? Have you tried electric razors? (or straight, if you currently use electric...)

Just think, every time you shave your pits you can tell yourself, "Someday I'm going to have a house of my own."

i say spend 20% on a treat, use the rest to pay off debt or put into a savings account. I have to say, laser hair removal isn't really permanent, and if I were you I'd be happier to know that though I'd splurged on myself a little, I had also put some money away for something even better in the future.

my $0.02
    peanut

Thanks for all your opinions and ideas. It made me think, and I came up with a compromise.

I am going to use the money to pay off two of my credit cards. I have a full time job, and I will be able to pay off the third next month. Once I am done with that I will get the laser.

We just graduated from college, and we're moving into his parent's guest house. This way we are saving 1600 dollars a month on rent and utilites. Within a year, the housing market bubble will have burst and then we will totally have enough for a down payment.

My aunt is a jeweler, so anything that I would get would be totally discounted. She gives jewelry as gifts all the time, and I have more than wear, so I decided to trade in a pair of diamond earrings and a diamond pendant she gave me, and get myself a ring. This way I can get what I want without spending any money.

Yay, hooray for compromises!

Good things come to those who wait :)

I am doing the laser thing right now and I must say, you are a far braver girl than I to think of doing it down there. It feels like those little shots on your fingers before you give blood, only all over your body. They give you numbing cream but you can still feel it.

haha! Thanks! What are you having done? Do you like it so far?

My best friend just got it done and she said that there is nothing you can compare the feeling too. I have a vaguely high pain threshold and I'm a masochist, so I am looking forward to it.

Update: I got my ring sized so I have no need for a new ring now. I am doing pretty good saving up too.

Its a long story, but over the summer I had my ovary removed because it had twisted itself into a tumor that was secreting testosterone. Because of the high testosterone levels in my body my hair grew a lot faster in a lot more places than normal, so I am essientially getting it done pretty much everywhere, except for the snatch.

I would spend some of the money and get a nice hour long massage at a spa place. It's a wonderful expensive treat that everyone should do at least once in their life.

Remove Ads

Ads