re-moistening dried out moist towelettes

what a weird title, anyway i bought these bug repellant moist towelettes in a pop up can, kind of like wet wipes last year and they've dried out. I think i used one of them. I was wondering if i could add water to revitalize them, or would i use alcohol? Any crafty ideas for not wasting the entire can?

thanks!
    jt

2. # ADS

Nothing that works 100%, but for dried out baby wipe type things I sprinkle with water just prior to use.

For bug stuff, I'd bet alcohol would work better. That way any oils that need a carrier could be resurrected. But there have got to be volatile agents that are gone for good. Some essential oil recipes for bug repellent use witch hazel and tea tree oil.

The problem with remoistening the entire container is that you are introducing new stuff and changing the pH balance. Big potential for molds and bacteria.

There are a few DIY household cleaning sites that have instructions for make your own baby wipes. I've done that, but they really do have to be used up faster than I needed them. (No baby, just needed convenient cleaning wipes.) I'm pretty sure those were baby bath, baby oil, and distilled water combos. I don't know if any of those sites have bug repellents.

thanks for letting me know, i bought them on vacation and am going to italy so maybe i'd just better buy some new ones, since i'm not sure what kinds of but repellants they have in the town i'm staying at.

i guess i can use these on an as needed basis and experiment when i'm home :)

jt

Remove Ads

Ads