Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    These threads have been quiet for awhile; just thought I'd nudge them back into circulation... :-)

2. # ADS

I'd like to know what's new too.

*nudge, nudge

wonderful, I wish I could help something

Nah, it's toast. Really cold toast. While this community could come back, I don't see it happening. I wrote some stuff belatedly for an online community book here, but don't have any idea where they are anymore. They may not be accessible on this site. People were really getting into craftster and etsy about then.

If you read most of the recent posts here, they appear to be by people shilling for their business, or people who just want to build up a post count. For most of the thoughts of merit, you have to dig back a handful of years.

This board had a very comfortable feel. Like a Stitch and Bitch with your friends, a few jokes and relatively little snark among cyber friends. People who could not find anyone else doing what they were doing would be embraced, not disparaged. Placenta prints, anyone?

I'm betting that most of us have just gone on with our lives and drifted away, and that younger people want more flash and pics and gifs and approval, when I didn't want to see that stuff and didn't give a damn about approval. The very loose crafting community online (in general) was getting a lot more people who demanded instant response and were disrespectful with whatever response they got, people didn't seem to want to help, and I really felt that people didn't want to think. When someone asks you how to make cut-offs, you have to wonder...

Don't know if the fora that were around then are still around. There was Supernaturale, which was actually a split from getcrafty back in the day, and Threadbanger, and a ton of church basement tea cozy and contac paper juice can type sites. I went to some very specific lists for a while, tried craftster and etsy, but didn't find the dialogue I wanted. (Yeah, I know, I just have to start it...) Nothing is bad or wrong, it's just different than it used to be.

Great!

​Awwww

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads