Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By heathercashart

Thread: Why pay the higher cost for handmade soap?

Why pay the higher cost for handmade soap?

Handmade soaps are gaining popularity, but why would a person want to pay the high cost of this consumable product? I was introduced to soapmaking by my Granddad. He made it outside in a wash tub. It was a very interesting process to me, one I never forgot. Soapmaking has evolved a great deal since that time. Now I use expensive vegitable oils and goat's milk for their moisturizing properties. Essential oils for their amazing scents and added benefits for the skin. These oils are not cheap, just check out the price of olive oil next time you're in the grocery store. But, they make the most amazing bar of soap. Each bar retains it's glycerin, which is an emollient and leaves the skin feeling soft and supple. In store bought, mass produced soaps the glycerin is removed and sold as a by-product. Goat's milk is full of vitamins, especially vitamin A which is so beneficial for healthy skin, not to mention it's a great moisturizer, as well. Each oil has it's own moisturizing qualities and blended together you have a bar of soap that is as good for your skin as it is beautiful. Not only are handmade soaps great to use, but they make beautiful gifts. Check out my soap shop on ETSY, SoapwortSoapFactory.

2. # ADS

Because handmade things take time and manpower, and also as you have already said, you used expensive vegitable oils and goat's milk and these materials are not cheap.

Anything, as long as it is made of artificial, will be expensive.
    Because first, less output; second, it cost more time.
    but they are more natural.

Handmade things are full of creative. I think if something is create by hand, it will be more delicate.

Handmade things take time and also as you have already said, you used expensive vegetable oils and these materials are not cheap.

I pay more for handmade soap because it doesn't have all the junk in it that manufactured soap has. It's all natural stuff that my body loves!
    HandMadeBy likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads