Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By memokraft

Thread: Starting out here, looking to learn and share

Red face Starting out here, looking to learn and share

Hello friends,

I have just joined this forum, so, let me begin by introducing myself. My name is Garima, and I love to create colourful scrapbooks, interactive cards, themed art journals, handicrafts, and basically anything which has art or craft associated with it. Over the years, I have made several of these, be it 3D models in school for me and my brothers, a 23-page scrapbook on my husband's birthday, a camera-reel themed photo collage for my mother and father-in-law's marriage anniversary, or numerous other cards and scrapbooks on other special occasions.

It feels satisfying when I show them to others and they are eager to create something similar for people who are important in their lives! And it feels even better to be able to help them, and learn a thing or two myself in the process. So, a few days ago, it struck me that I can share more with others and learn from them by leveraging the power of internet.

So, I have created a youtube channel (named 'Memokraft') to show step-by-step procedure to create innovative cards, scrapbooks, art journals and handicrafts. And just so that you don't have to worry about where to buy the supplies from, I include links to all the materials and tools in the video description. Of course, you do not need to buy everything online. I certainly don't, because I get several things in local craft shops. But having the links handy gives you an option, and you know what to look for when you go to a craft store.

Currenly, there are only 2 videos, because it has just been 2 weeks. But more videos have already been recorded and are in the editing pipeline.

I do not have permission to post links yet, but you can search for 'Memokraft' in youtube.

Please be sure to leave your feedback. It is very important to me, as I would be able to rectify my mistakes and produce better content if I know what is being liked and what is not. And if you like what you see, please subscribe to the channel. I cannot wait to share more videos, and subscribing would make sure that you do not miss any video. What more, if you press the bell icon, youtube will notify you of new videos immediately, so, there is no possibility of missing any updates.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the channel soon!

2. # ADS

I loved the explainer style videos. Keep the content rolling

This reminds me of the time I had my own channel which was more of like a content aggregator; movie trailers, lyrics but I used to do the editing myself. And then, I started uploading original content but it received many copyright infringement violations and I gave up. It probably got removed with the new updates but I did make some $ with the AdSense program.

Anyway, when I started off making the original explainer-style videos like what you have in your channel, it looked pretty amateurish. I headed over to Toronto and consulted a professional agency that sells video editing services. It really changed the way I worked with editing software.

Perhaps, you require a bit of editing knowledge, the presentation is excellent

@ryan_reynolds, Thanks for stopping by!

I am constantly trying to improve my editing. I do not want to invest into any editing services as of now, but I might look into it in future. Thanks for the suggestion!

I would say, you should start your channel again, keeping the policies in mind this time It is fun!

Also, can you tell what exactly did you feel to be lacking in the editing?

I have posted another new video yesterday (got late after my husband met with a minor injury last week). You might want to check it out.

Thanks for all the feedback and words of encouragement!
    ryan_reynolds likes this.

Thanks for sharing! I am in a similar position as you. Any advice/help would be beneficial!

Quote Originally Posted by memokraft View Post
    @ryan_reynolds, Thanks for stopping by!

I am constantly trying to improve my editing. I do not want to invest into any editing services as of now, but I might look into it in future. Thanks for the suggestion!

I would say, you should start your channel again, keeping the policies in mind this time It is fun!

Also, can you tell what exactly did you feel to be lacking in the editing?

I have posted another new video yesterday (got late after my husband met with a minor injury last week). You might want to check it out.

Thanks for all the feedback and words of encouragement!
    Good luck to you

I guess professional editing is something you can do after a while.

Remove Ads

Ads