Need opinions on my website

I really would appreciate comments on the structure of my website. What is your opinion of it? Would you purchase something from my site if you were a potential customer? I get a lot of compliments on my jewelry and my website, but people seem hesitant to purchase my jewelry online. I would love you comments or advice if you have any. Thanks.

My website is www.turquoisesands.com

2. # ADS

Looks good!

Pics are good, easy to see all the detail in the jewelry. Jewelry rocks! Very cool stuff. I didn't know Yahoo had a paypalish sort of service. I'm going to check that out. How do you like it?

Thanks for you feedback

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I wouldn't go with Yahoo. I'm actually about to cancel my online store with them and go back to just using Paypal buttons. I thought by opening a Yahoo Store, I would get a lot more traffic, but that wasn't the case. It costs about $30 a month and I used their recommended merchant called Paymentech which has a $22 montly fee even if you don't sell anything. So I know someone that will host my website for free and now you don't have to have a Paypal account to purchase items from a Paypal merchant. Since I am such a small business right now, I need my montly overhead to be as inexpensive as possible. Escpecially since I'm a college student and don't have a regular income to suplement my jewelry business. So I wouldn't waste your time with Yahoo. Just work on optimizing your website for the search engines so that you can get a high page rand which is what I will be focusing on.

I like your website, and I love the fashion show pics :)
    My only suggestion is to put some padding in the table cells so the text isn't crammed into the edges of the tables.

I was going to mention the same thing about the text hugging the lines. Otherwise, I think it looks great.

The only other suggestion I would make, because I know how people are with purchasing jewelry online, is to potentially have a "close-up" photo of your earring images, for example. Seems like many of the jewelry sites and clothing sites out there have the photo set up as a link, where you can enlarge the photo (or are taken to another page with a larger image) upon clicking on the photo. Even though your photos are very nice, I think it gives people a little extra detail- which equals more comfort in actually purchasing. Similar to as if you were in a store and pick up the jewelry to view it closer.

do you use any software to upload items to your website?

Hi,

Thanks for the tips. I had avoided doing that because it is really time consuming to create seperate pages for each item. I was wondering if you have an easy way to do that or do you do each page manually? I just use frontpage. Is that what you use?

Remove Ads

Ads