my newest creation

just wanted to toot my own horn a bit- check out my blog for a pic of my newest 'masterpiece'. the platonic love-of-my-life got married a few weeks ago and i made him a painting. i picked up an old 6-panel window from the texas junk co., cleaned it up a bit (but no TOO much) and used oil paints on the panes (reverse-style). it was my first time using oil paints (i picked them up on the cheap at a garage sale-- $20 for a cool wooden wine box BURSTING with nearly-full tubes of paint, linseed oil, turpentine, etc) and i liked how it turned out, though it didn't turn out like i thought it would. this weekend i salvaged an old suken paneled door from a friend's house and that will be my next project for the oil paints. thanks for looking!
    [/url]

2. # ADS

Ah, the treachery of oil paints! I like what you did, but it will take a while to cure since you did it on glass. That must have been a trip transporting it with all the linseed oil fumes.

I'm not a blog person, but found myself reading down through your latest couple of posts.

Hey if you have any pics of that good ole belly painting beer belching bachelor party involving a pauper's cemetery, let me know and I'll visit again! hahaha

some things are best left to the imagination :) but just picture a bunch of middle-twenty-something guys dancing around a fire all bare chested and painted, shaking homemade spears and shields... let me tell you though, i felt like such an old fogey-- i spent most of my time waiting (ok. being paranoid about) for the cops to show up-- you know. cemetery. fire. the middle of the woods. lots of beer. oh, and all those 'no trespassing' signs. a few years ago, i never would have thought twice about that! man am i starting to show my age! thx for looking!

some things are best left to the imagination :) but just picture a bunch of middle-twenty-something guys dancing around a fire all bare chested and painted, shaking homemade spears and shields... let me tell you though, i felt like such an old fogey-- i spent most of my time waiting (ok. being paranoid about) for the cops to show up-- you know. cemetery. fire. the middle of the woods. lots of beer. oh, and all those 'no trespassing' signs. a few years ago, i never would have thought twice about that! man am i starting to show my age! thx for looking!

Remove Ads

Ads