First Trunk Show Advice?

Hi Get Crafty Girls,

I just booked my first trunk show and I'm pretty excited about it. Do any of you have trunk show suggestions or advice?

Aida
    www.twobusybees.com

2. # ADS

When you are there, if at all possible make the rounds and say "hello!" to the other vendors.

Most of the time they are friendly, helpful, and can give you some good advice if they are more experienced at the whole 'show' scene!

Craft Show Survival Guide

Hey there!

Congrats on your first show. Check out my article on Craft Show Survival at http://swankcreations.com/generic62.html

Hope you find it helpful and good luck

rach

Good tips, thanks.

Thanks for the suggestions and tips. I'll put them to good use. In this particular case, I'll be the only displaying artist/crafter in a small boutique. A wine & cheese type of thing...

I have a hard time talking to customers. So, I'll be sure to take the advice of "Greet everyone with a smile and a "how are you?," from the blog link crystaleternity sent. Thanks.

--Aida

If you find you're getting tongue tied around people, distract yourself by futzing with the stuff in your shop. People prefer shopping in areas where the vendors look busy, and the pressure is off to buy. (As long as you're still smiling and greeting everyone so they know you're available.)

TwoBusyBees, great luck with your show! It was my column that crystaleternity linked to...you'll find stuff to talk to your customers about. Just relax and smile. It takes practice to talk with people but even "have you tried the red wine? it's pretty good" will work. People like to hear about what your items are made of too. You'll do great! ;)

Trunk Show Follow-up

Just a quick note to say that with all the advice and suggestions, my first trunk show went quite well. Talking with the customers was fun and I enjoyed it too!

In addition to my wares, I brought supplies so I could make hair clips to order. Customers picked out their fabric and button, waited a short while and it was done.

So, thank you all again for your advice. And, if there are any shops out there in the Frederick, MD / D.C. area that need a trunk show host, let me know!

Aida
    Two Busy Bees
    www.twobusybees.com

IMPORTANT advice, getting people to sign your mailing list then work it and email newsletters or print postcards and mail them to customers fe3aturing a new product

best of luck

Remove Ads

Ads