craft show survivor

Well I did it! and I even sold some stuff - yay! It was a very small 'craft' section of a summer festival in my home town. There isn't a lot of emphasis on the craft part, it is more about food and music so I was pretty pleased with the turnout. I sold 8 bags and the best part was that 2 of them were sold to people I don't know!! somehow it seems even better when it is someone that doesn't know me that buys them -know what I mean? 2 sold on friday and the other 6 on saturday.

On the other craft show thread at getcrafty someone recommended the craftshow 101 at loosetooth.com I can't tell you how helpful this site was in getting ready - becky has done a great job laying it all out!
    http://www.loosetooth.com/Art/Work/renegade2003.htm

I was most happy with the banner for my biz name - of course the best idea came to me at the 11th hour (otherwise known as 12:30 am the night before). but it was great. I printed out charm school in size 700 (2 letters per page) on that iron on paper, then I ironed it flat onto the back of some great pink faux ultrasuede. I cut it out and then glued it pink side up onto some gorgeous vintage green cut velvet. Yum!! I don't have the picture anywhere but in one of my online files yet - If you want to see how it turned out drop me a line. It looked really good, If I do say so myself -esp. for the price!

Brandy's idea that worked best for me was to give them something to take away - I am too cheap to do buttons so I printed out little round stickers with a vintage image on them and my website addy printed around the outside. Avery does round circle stickers and they finally built some templates for them that ROCK! When the stickers first came out the template sucked -you could hardly do anything. People loved the stickers.

oh, and you know what was the weirdest part of the weekend? This guy that I lived with in college walked past with what appeared to be a significant other and their child - I haven't seen or heard from him in 15 years. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I don't think he saw me and I was far too shocked to say anything, but it sure was weird. (I left him, in case you were wondering ha!)

Now I need to clean my work room - holy shit what a mess!
    thanks for listening
    amanda
    www.charmschool.biz
    modern style vintage charm

2. # ADS

congratulations! :)

i love the idea for the banner, that mustve been so cute!

I think it was me that suggested Loosetooth's site - glad it helped you out! I love the sticker idea, I may just have to get and make some of those stickers. Were the templates in with the sticker package or what?

Congratulations on a fair well done! And on avoiding the ex! :)

You can download the templates from the avery site - probably www.avery.com but it was listed in the paperwork that came with the stickers. I like having the software on the computer - hasn't slowed things down too much and it is the same software for file folder labels etc.

the new software lets you put an image in the middle of the sticker and then you can do circular text around the image - it was a lot of fun!!
    amanda
    http://www.charmschool.biz

Remove Ads

Ads