wholesale orders

i've gotten a couple wholesale order requests but i never know how to figure out prices...like if i have something that i sell at retail for $10, what would i charge someone for the same item at wholesale?

2. # ADS

Often a store will charge double what they paid. So if you sell it retail for $10, and want them to sell it retail for $10, you'd sell it to them for around $5. Stores don't like it if they are charging more than what you would charge on your website or at shows. IE you sell it retail for $10, and sell it to them for wholesale say around $7, they would be charging $14. They buyer's not gonna want to buy it from them!

do you usually set an order minimum...like they have to order at least $50...??? what's reasonable? sorry, i'm terrible with stuff like this!

sure, some people have a minimum, some people don't. It depends on what YOU want - if a store calls you up and asks for 1 or 5 or your objects, is it worth it to you to make a small order, or would you prefer making 10 or 20 or more at a time? At the handmade trade shows and such, I think it's pretty standard to have a minimum order, most stores (unless they are really little), won't be surprised. So, up to you.

i second the "sell for half the retail price". i buy wholesale for my boutique and its annoying when designers want you to purchase items in bulk for the retail price (it's happened to me..i didn't buy from her though).

for minimums, unless you do lots of business (making small wholesale orders more of an annoyance) keep minimums low. Smaller boutiques/stores don't want to have to purchase $300 worth of goods to order. $100 minimum is reasonable.

i hope i helped by giving a buyers point of view!!

Remove Ads

Ads