Show Support with a Political Jack O' Lantern

A coworker passed this site on to me and I think it is a great idea. Although it seems like a lot of work.

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/holiday...pumpplans.html

I was thinking it would be nifty to stencil a Kerry on little sand bags...

2. # ADS

I just want to do the Marylin one.

awesome! i am making a Kerry one!!

Re: Show Support with a Political Jack O' Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by peppermintsquare
    Although it seems like a lot of work.
    They're really not so bad as you'd think. Last year I did a Statue of Liberty one that was pretty complex, and it took maybe an hour? The key is just to go ahead and buy one of those little carving kits. It's amazingly more simple than you'd think, if you have those little bitty saws to use.

And make sure to coat the cut spots with vaseline, or some of that special stuff to make it last longer, cause it really sucks when you spend alot of time carving and it turns out really really cool, and two days later it is all droopy and sad.

Those little saw kits are also very handy to have around for other crafty stuff, well worth the investment.

id be afraid of someone who didnt like bush or kerry stomping on the pumpkin :(

Costumes

I had a great time reading through the costume ideas. Here's a couple more from someone that really looks forward to this time, however as much as I love to plan ahead, it always ends up being a last minute rush for my husband and I to dress up for Halloween.
    Surprisingly we have come up with a couple of quick and inexpensive costume ideas which I would love to share.
    Last year I dressed up as Edvard Munch painting "The Scream". I made the canvas with a 24 X 36 board and sketched out in it Munch's painting in black and white and added glow in the dark paint in the main features to make it visible with blacklights. I supported the board to my back with a T-square, tape and a belt. This allowed me to stand infront of the painting with my face painted -also with glow in the dark paint - as the Scream figure. I spent most of the night with my hands to the sides of my face and my mouth wide open and the background painting in my back. I Great way to meet new people at that party. Even people I did not know wanted a picture with me in it. It was inexpensive, artistic, and spooky. A Great hit!

Another year I was looking for a last minute costume at my parents attic and I found my whole Junior Girl Scout Outfit. Yes- and it still fit me almost 20 years after!!!!! I gladly put it on and displayed I could still fit in it. Side ponytails, Freckles, a big lollypop, band-aids on my "scratched" knees and a cardboard sign to my back that read Girl Scout cookies 4 sale!!! Cute.

My husband once dressed up as Don King. Old tuxedo, a black wig sprayed with white and brushed upwards. Glasses, Big Gold chains and rings, a big cigar and lots of fake money in hands. Along with my husbands attitude, it was hilarious...I love America!

Have fun trick or treating!

I love artistic pumpkins. Check out the site www.extremepumpkins.com it's really cool and good for inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by twilight
    I love artistic pumpkins. Check out the site www.extremepumpkins.com it's really cool and good for inspiration.
    Is it sick that I got a crack out of the gunshot wound one? Several years ago one of my friends made a Humpty Dumpty pumpkin for a carving contest. He made a little scene with a wall (covered with that brick-printed wrapping paper), grass, flowers, etc., and basically smashed his pumpkin and put it at the foot of the wall. It didn't win the contest, but was definitely was one of the popular entries. Heh. Other than the smashed bits, it really was an elaborate set-up.

Nah, it's not sick. The pumpkin that is puking on the other one is my favorite. And I usually don't like gross out humor. So twisted and so funny.

Remove Ads

Ads